• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don´t want to live, emotional dependence

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Find yourself a decent mental health professional ASAP.

+1

And even if you already have, which I think you did say something about a psychologist, keep going.

MagV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
I read somewhere the odds for good chemistry existing between two people is 6/1. Go on 6 dates and the chances are you'll click with one of them. So much for soul-mates, it's a big pile of horse manure. You just got to get out there, meet people, be yourself and eventually the laws of probability will kick in.

In regards to dogs, if girls is what you want then consider a Maltese. They were worshiped by ancient Egyptians and owned by Roman emperors. Girls melt when I'm out with my girlfreinds Maltese and they are really good all around dogs, but men might treat you like a sissy with your little toy dog. My "boys" are big goofy Labradors and you can't go wrong with them either. More manly and good with people but less of a chick magnet.

+1 on the Maltese. My sister has a maltese/shitzu cross, and every girl i've introduced it to has loved it. I think my last gf misses the dog more than me! LOL.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice in this thread... hobbies, dog, exercise, outdoors, not too much sleep. This stuff (minus the dog, I travel too much) worked well for me when I went through a similar crisis. I've come 95% of the way back to my former self, and I learned a lot that I never would have if she didn't leave me.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MagV
+1 on the Maltese. My sister has a maltese/shitzu cross, and every girl i've introduced it to has loved it. I think my last gf misses the dog more than me! LOL.

I'll never forget the time my GF went to Starbucks to pick up a cup of coffee and left me outside with her Maltese. When she came out I was surrounded by 6 hot girls and I'm surprised she hasn't banned me from taking it out in public by myself. I love it too - they are great dogs if you can get over the sissy factor.

Attachment 17700

Deep down inside I've always wanted to be like Clint and have a side-kick like Clyde. If you're feeling down you can take him to a bar and have a few beers together.
biggrin.gif

Attachment 17699

agbassano

Reaction score
Abbi corraggio!

I think many of us who love to improve our appearance, better clothes etc., suffer a bit more of low self esteem to a certain degree, than those who couldn't care less about what they wear...

It's great your seeing a doctor and you've been given a lot of good advice here.

Buona Salute!

Azure

Reaction score
I did some analisis and I had 0 in lithium

I´m taking some lithium by prescription but I´m not a bi-polar but deep depressive and emotional dependent.

Any of you is taking lithium?

Thanks!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I did some analisis and I had 0 in lithium

I´m taking some lithium by prescription but I´m not a bi-polar but deep depressive and emotional dependent.

Any of you is taking lithium?

Thanks!

Is it helping? Hopefully it has you in better spirits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads