• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I committed an SF sin, and I'm (almost) ok with it. (Pin-stripes AHOY!)

otacon

Reaction score
Yesterday, I thrifted a pin-striped jacket without the pants. Try to season your frustration and admonition for a moment. .
peepwall[1].gif

I don't think I've ever had a jacket that fit as well as this, and to my hands, which admittingly are quite untrained, it feels like it's rather good construction.

The trouble is, I realize how limited my options are for wearing it, and that bothers me. I'm going to go back to the store and see if the pants got separated, but I wasn't successful yesterday and I doubt I will be again. Unless I can contact whatever store it came from, I doubt I'll be able to find the fabric to have a pair of pants made. (has anyone actually ever had luck with this?) The clues are somewhat slim... There's a label which says "Europa Collection" and "Diffusion" underneath, with a number next to it, and another label which says "CHELSEA". I was able to find a jacket with a label similar to the first, but it's quite different...still, I'm going to contact that store and see if they have any information on the line, though I doubt I'llget much, it being a resale store.

If nothing else, I have a model to I show other tailors for how I'd like a suit cut, because really, I like it a lot.

Oh, and the arm-holes aren't half-bad, either
smile.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen denim with a striped jacket and chelsea boots pulled off quite well.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otacon
If nothing else, I have a model to I show other tailors for how I'd like a suit cut, because really, I like it a lot.

Oh, and the arm-holes aren't half-bad, either
smile.gif

Good work. This is the worst case, and it's not a bad one at that. Working with MTM will be better now.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
I've seen denim with a striped jacket and chelsea boots pulled off quite well.

this. I have a really nice D&G orphaned slim pinstripe jacket that fits me like a glove and i cant seem to find what happened to the pants. But I wore it saturday with dark jeans, white shirt, no tie and loafers. Looked good enough that I forgot i was missing the matching pants.
laugh.gif

Rolex Luthor

Reaction score
This is not nearly as heinous as some on this board would have you believe.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
this. I have a really nice D&G orphaned slim pinstripe jacket that fits me like a glove and i cant seem to find what happened to the pants. But I wore it saturday with dark jeans, white shirt, no tie and loafers. Looked good enough that I forgot i was missing the matching pants.
laugh.gif

Well, some people would be ok with that, considering you were wearing A pair of pants
lol8[1].gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Well, some people would be ok with that, considering you were wearing A pair of pants
lol8[1].gif

hehehehehe. sportcoat and shoes. no shirt, no pants, no underwear. Its called teh Sam Cooke.
laugh.gif

otacon

Reaction score
Yes, jeans are looking to be one of my options. That's rather what I was planning on, actually, as I'm not even sure contrasting chinos would work great. Grey slacks might work. But it really isn't terrible... thing is, it's double-breasted, but it's rather slim-cut. I'll work on some pics a little later. I still haven't dry cleaned it, either, so don't mind any, um, whatever you might see on it that shouldn't be there.

Thanks guys.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two jackets with pin stripes that I wear with jeans, grey or cream pants.

otacon

Reaction score
Pictures were taken with my phone and down-scaled, so not the greatest quality, nor was the lighting that great. The sleeves are actually a pretty good length, but the shirt I was wearing is too short, so that's why you can't see my shirt-sleeves. And try to ignore my sloppy collar that I didn't catch in the pictures I didn't take
blush.gif

Observations:

-The arm holes could be higher, but the problem is probably accentuated when I lift my arms by the shoulder padding--there's a bit of "roping", but I like the effect it has.

-It flares a little at the bottom, but for whatever reason, that might change depending on which side I button it.

-I'll need jeans that aren't so dark.

-I'm not sure I like it with only one button hole. It might benefit if it had two functional buttons on each side.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
+100000000. I wouldnt be suprised if some n00b misread this and then poasted in the WAYWT threak
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Says a guy who joined in January 2011?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otacon
Pictures were taken with my phone and down-scaled, so not the greatest quality, nor was the lighting that great. The sleeves are actually a pretty good length, but the shirt I was wearing is too short, so that's why you can't see my shirt-sleeves. And try to ignore my sloppy collar that I didn't catch in the pictures I didn't take
blush.gif
Observations: -The arm holes could be higher, but the problem is probably accentuated when I lift my arms by the shoulder padding--there's a bit of "roping", but I like the effect it has. -It flares a little at the bottom, but for whatever reason, that might change depending on which side I button it. -I'll need jeans that aren't so dark. -I'm not sure I like it with only one button hole. It might benefit if it had two functional buttons on each side.

looks good man. nice find. it helps that you are in shape. youll look like a $1,000,000 to 99% of "society"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads