Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I can't find shoes!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Dec 26, 2004.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

I live out in the middle of now where in CNY/Western NY and i'm going crazy trying to find shoes.  I keep finding shoes i like but they are to wide once i order them. The only decent shoes around here that are in my size are J&M shoes.  I'm a B/C width and no one around here carry's them.  All i can find is medium or Wides which don't fit my foot at all.  I've tried looking on the web for shoes but can't find any good shoe retailers except for bennies that are in my price range.  Can someone help me out with places/brands that carry a C and are decent shoes available on the web?

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Is there anything wrong with Bennies.

3. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Call Chris. Buy some Grenson's. Or anything else he recommends. I'm sure he has some good deals.

4. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I lived in that area a total of 9 months (Hamilton College), so I sympathize and suggest moving. Or taking a trip to Toronto, where you should be able to get more value for your money, actually. But you probably already know that.

5. demeis

demeis Senior member

(demeis @ 26 Dec. 2004, 12:37) I live out in the middle of now where in CNY/Western NY and i'm going crazy trying to find shoes. Â I keep finding shoes i like but they are to wide once i order them. Â The only decent shoes around here that are in my size are J&M shoes. Â I'm a B/C width and no one around here carry's them. Â All i can find is medium or Wides which don't fit my foot at all. Â I've tried looking on the web for shoes but can't find any good shoe retailers except for bennies that are in my price range. Â Can someone help me out with places/brands that carry a C and are decent shoes available on the web?
    Is there anything wrong with Bennies.
    I actually bought some Grensons off of you and they are great. I love them and they made me appreciate shoes. However I also bought a pair of magnannis that i love, but they are a M and dont' fit right. I'm just waiting until you get the next shipment of Grensons. i may have to hit up toronto but i don't ever get a day to kill anymore with work and school

6. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Come on, go up to Toronto, if only for the cool local Indian radio stations. Better yet: ***Montreal***