• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't believe my sartorial goodfortune!

ranchsooner

Reaction score
What a week this has been. It all started when I saw a beautiful Golden Fleece navy pinstriped dual vented suit at BB on sale for $600. Loved the suit but was a bit hesitant because I really wanted a solid navy Oxxford for my next suit. After I was assured by many of you that GF is a nice piece, I made the purchase thinking I will still keep looking for that perfect solid navy Oxxford because who knows when it will come around.

Well, it came today! I was in NM last call in Phoenix tonight and found a 2B dual vented dark solid navy Oxxfordcrest model, WITH A VEST! The only bad thing was it was still $1,200 after the 20% off. So I asked if there was an additional discount since this was such an expensive suit. The manager said since they were doing markdowns in 2 weeks, she would give me 35% off. So i am pretty happy with my $1,000 Oxxford suit since it is exactly what I wanted. But when I took it up to the counter to pay, the clerk looked at the inside tag to verify the price, and instead of $1558, it said $1158. So she rings it up at $1158 less 35%. By the time all of my discounts applied, I paid $770 for a NWT 3 piece Oxxfordcrest solid nay suit.

And since Saks off 5th is right next door, I walked in there, thinking I would find the same ole stuff, which I did, unless you count the $2,800 Antonio Liverano navy blazer I found for $175. They had only one, and it was my size(Foxx, I did look for you though). Amazing how they charge more for a Boss or CK blazer than for this.

So all in all, this has been a great week. Thanks to the forum for letting me share my good fortune.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a great find. Nothing better than the unexpected discount at checkout.

I'd kill to find a navy three-piece. Chorse is absolutely right about the difficulty in finding basics on sale. I'm to the point of considering a MTM charcoal three-piece. ... Seems like if I'm going to pay retail, I should at least get something a little extra out of it.

mussel

Reaction score
Well done. Do you know if apply for NM credit card, they'll give you 10% off on your first purchase and 5% off on all subsequent purchases at all Last Call store?

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Well done. Do you know if apply for NM credit card, they'll give you 10% off on your first purchase and 5% off on all subsequent purchases at all Last Call store?

I did get my 5% for using my NM card.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent find and good fortune indeed. Finding quality Oxxfords at such a price at NMLC is a rarety indeed. Good work.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what is the Last Call ? Is it a sale that runs at all NM's ?

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Just curious, what is the Last Call ? Is it a sale that runs at all NM's ?

Last Call in this case is their outlet store, similar to Saks off 5th Ave or Nordstrom Rack. They carry leftover/altered goods from the main store as well as overstock clothing from several manufacturers i.e., Hickey Freeman, Hugo Boss. Good deals can be found if you catch it on sale (or work with confused clerks)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
how about posting a picture your snazzy suit here?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To quote a noted 20th century philosopher, some guys have all the luck.

Nicely done ranchsooner.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
To quote a noted 20th century philosopher, some guys have all the luck.

Nicely done ranchsooner.

Rod Stewart??

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ranchsooner, you lucky dog!! Congratulations!

DocHolliday, I've almost given up on finding wardrobe staples on sale in my size (except shoes and trousers), so I'm getting the next batch MTM or from WW Chan, I haven't decided yet. Like you, I decided it's worthwhile to invest in quality classics, so my next MTM/Chan purchases will be a navy blazer and a charcoal suit (maybe a 3-piece).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads