1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I CAN'T Believe Buying Dress "Tailored" Dress Pants is This Difficult

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by barracudapartne, Jul 11, 2012.

1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yea it's just preferable not to have to do that, obviously. HY Made in USA fit me pretty well, but I have to get the waist taken in on those. The higher rise on these pants has me intrigued though...maybe I'll try on a pair next time I'm in NYC.

2. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Got it.

WIll give HY a try as he offers a great pallet of colors/options.

Yea, the rise is what I love about the Walts/Rudys (and they are very well made). They look awesome with no belt and a sc. Highly recommend the blue Chambray and natural linen. loafers or slippers, 2' cuffs, creases and no belt = boss.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

As far as I can tell the Rudy fit has to be pre-ordered using their MTO program; click on 'Mens Preorder Items' and you'll see all the fabrics you can order, and you can choose Walt or Rudy fit in any of them. The selection is a bit low at the moment but there was a lot more a week ago (I ordered a nice tweed window-pane and there were several nice Donegals), and I expect more options will come.

4. unbelragazzo

Ah excellent, thank you. Do you know what the thigh measurement is on the Rudy? Significantly more ample?

5. unbelragazzo

durrrrr nevermind says it right there on the page. 13.75" for those interested (for a 36" waist)...

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Hey OP, just go to joseph banks if this is too hard for you. Get a 3-for-1 special. Or go MTM. You are way overthinking this.

7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Is it for consulting?

I'm not sure..don't know if you mentioned it.

Are you a consultant?

1 person likes this.
  8. unbelragazzo

Wait hold on this is for consulting? In that case none of these options are appropriate for you....

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Shoot, why didn't he say that in the first place? OP, if you're going to be a consultant, they all wear Joseph A. Banks slacks because there is a rule against dressing nicer than the clients. In fact, I think this is in the dress code/handbook materials they give to new hires. You really should have mentioned this earlier than the fourth page of the thread. We're very busy people here.