• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** this is not easy, I want to call her, speak to her, see her, but i'm really going to stay strong and resist.

I'm a little worried though, because I kind of made it a point throughout this whole thing, that if we break up I don't want anything to do with her, and wont pick up her calls, answer her texts etc. I kind of regret that, because what if she wants to call me, but wont because of that...?

Going on a date tonight though, hopefully that goes well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
as I said it's not through

you'll see her within the week

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If you get lucky with this first date after the breakup, don't make the same mistake i did and call her by your ex's name.
redface.gif

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
**** this is not easy, I want to call her, speak to her, see her, but i'm really going to stay strong and resist.

I'm a little worried though, because I kind of made it a point throughout this whole thing, that if we break up I don't want anything to do with her, and wont pick up her calls, answer her texts etc. I kind of regret that, because what if she wants to call me, but wont because of that...?

Going on a date tonight though, hopefully that goes well.

Wow. That was fast. Got a buncha bitches in your stable?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Wow. That was fast. Got a buncha bitches in your stable?

I always keep a couple on the backburner, you know how it is.

Speaking to her on the phone yesterday just made me depressed though, nothing like the girl, I need to stop comparing.

I'm really thinking of cancelling, but I know I shouldnt, it's good for me to go out, and this girl is great looking, and a good person in and of herself. Plus I could probably bone.

BLADHADFS

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If you get lucky with this first date after the breakup, don't make the same mistake i did and call her by your ex's name.
redface.gif

ahahaha, i will not do this

Originally Posted by Teger
as I said it's not through

you'll see her within the week

I'm not counting on anything, but I hope.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
my predictions:

large chance you'll cancel the date

if you go, won't finish

the issue is you're not over this girl. compare your posts to mellowfellows.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
ahahaha, i will not do this

I'm not counting on anything, but I hope.

your thinking right now is 'maybe if i give her the space she wanted she'll realize how much she msises me and come back to me'

maybe, maybe not. but whatever happens you still don't have any closure or finality.

that's why it's not over

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teger don't need no romance mentors.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
yo we should start maknig paypal bets on what happens. marki you ok with that?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't cancel your "date" tonight. Even if you don't try to smash the biscuit, it'll give you something to do instead of sitting around moping and feeling bad about ****.

Also, this is obvious, but don't talk about your breakup with tonight's girl. At all.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
markI if she called you and was like 'im sorry, lets grab dinner tonight', what would you do?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

ok dude, sincere bro love offer follows.

whenever this urge strikes you, PM me whatever you were going to say. You can get as emo and whiny and bitchy as you like, just get it off your chest and not anywhere near her ears. It'll go no further.

you are more likely to **** this up by leaving a door open than by closing one. Think "scarcity". People want what they can't have. Your time needs to be scarce.

Going on a date tonight though, hopefully that goes well
Good for you man, enjoy it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Who in their right mind would want you this bad?

As I said earlier, the cray-cray is already well familiar to me.

Originally Posted by Teger
it's not over. gaurantee it.

trewf

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads