Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

ask J. it is just out of the reach of my powers.

Well then do me a favor that IS within your powers.

2. Matt

Matt [email protected]

I'm not gonna blow you man.

3. IamKris

IamKris Member

I can't decide if I want to end my long distance relationship too. Still hopeful that things will work out soon. [​IMG]

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So it was a rough 24 hours after the break up but I guess because there are no hard feelings with us we're cool. Because of that, it is smooth sailing. I'm surprised I was so quickly and easily able to transition to friends with her. I've got strong feelings for her but this is what we are now and it is OK with me.

5. gort

gort Senior member

I'm 20, I've blocked her on FB and removed her email but that all pretty easy to get around. Seeing her in person doesn't happen because we go to different schools hours away. I know I should't even want to talk to her but thats just not whats happening right now. I have actually tried that trick but I don't want to be a burden on my friends and sound like a broken record.

Follow the advice the others have already given. You are 20 and bound to handle situations like this irrationally and embarrassingly. A few years from now hopefully you able to handle a bad breakup in a more adult manner. I think most people can say they've handled a breakup poorly in their life at some point and can say they would have handled it differently. Hindsight is 20/20.

When you're messaging her are you sober or is it a situation where you're getting tanked and decide to start sending messages?

6. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

I'm always sober and my messages aren't off the cuff things. I try not to be too comprimising. I know the right thing is to just cut my losses and leave her be but its hard to do after a 3 year relationship at this point in my life. The nature of the beast has a lot to do with the feelings I've been having and the idea to write it all down has been helpful. The more I see it on paper the more I realize the reality of the situation as unsettling as that is. Oh well, there are other fish in the sea I suppose as much as that sucks.

7. gort

gort Senior member

That's good you're not doing the drunk emo contacting. Been there, I think about it now and it still makes me want to crawl in a hole. [​IMG]

8. APK

APK Senior member

I'm always sober and my messages aren't off the cuff things. I try not to be too comprimising. I know the right thing is to just cut my losses and leave her be but its hard to do after a 3 year relationship at this point in my life. The nature of the beast has a lot to do with the feelings I've been having and the idea to write it all down has been helpful. The more I see it on paper the more I realize the reality of the situation as unsettling as that is. Oh well, there are other fish in the sea I suppose as much as that sucks.

I kept a notebook I wrote in four years ago as I struggled through a similar sounding break. It helped and prevented me from justifying even an ounce of contact. I came across it a few months ago, read some of the passages and thought, "Dumbass."

What you want or what you think you want right now can and probably will change quite a bit in the coming years.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lul, I'm posting in sucky thread of the styfo

My gf and I called it quits after two years. We lived together so the split and the cleanup was harder, she went back to Japan today. Probably never see her again, but she will be fine, and so will I. We're both stronger than we should be, probably.
    Went out on mild no pressure date with really cute girl tonight, lots of fun, good talk, some touching and hand holding and sealed deals, but no pressure to really have to go through if I don't need to - my dick ain't paved in swarovski and I can handle a bit of alone time if I need. We'll see how tomorrow pans out.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Who got custody of Minami?

11. APK

APK Senior member

My gf and I called it quits after two years. We lived together so the split and the cleanup was harder, she went back to Japan today. Probably never see her again, but she will be fine, and so will I. We're both stronger than we should be, probably.
    Went out on mild no pressure date with really cute girl tonight, lots of fun, good talk, some touching and hand holding and sealed deals, but no pressure to really have to go through if I don't need to - my dick ain't paved in swarovski and I can handle a bit of alone time if I need. We'll see how tomorrow pans out.

Didn't this just happen a few months ago?

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^ Who got custody of Minami?

lol yeah if my gf and i break up i have no idea who takes my puppy ... [​IMG]

13. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

lols the most adult breakup in the past 30 pages.

14. APK

APK Senior member

lols the most adult breakup in the past 30 pages.

Nonsense. You must have missed my post about the time I unselfishly persuaded a former lover to board a plane with someone else, even though doing so meant I would never see her again and I would have to possibly incur the wrath of the Germans.

It's OK. Claude Rains and I became great friends afterward.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Does Paris hold any particular significance to you?