1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

guys the best way to get revenge at your ex girlfriends is to post tittay pics on the internet

just sayin. not specifically looking for cheap debasing entertainment

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Same thing happened to me at a job once. Another manager sent a company-wide email accusing me of sexually harassing her. She claimed that I was holding doors open for her so that I could look at her ass as she walked up the stairs. Which was totally untrue. This is the same chick who'd change her clothes in the office with other managers around, instead of using the dressing room. It was pretty embarrassing when someone from corporate in Canada came down to talk to me about it.

Of course, irony of ironies, the sexual harassment video states that nobody will ever be fired for being chivalrous and opening a door for someone. I have a copy.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah it was retarded, I think she was just pissed at the world and i was going to cop it.

I was saying the other day to her how I'm like that and she was like oh that's fine etc

Then last night, God.

Im fairly sure it was either that or self sabotage due to some vulnerability shit

She takes coke off random guys keys and flirts to get free drinks so it's not really based in reality

Sorta miss my girl I broke up with, she was a nice girl sans being gutless

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

The ex is flying back to LA to perform at a benefit concert... she called me out of the blue, we haven't spoken in 3 months, and said she would like for me to be there. I still like and care about her very much; but maybe it should be time to finally call it quits and drop out of the picture permanently. Should I show?

Went to the show. Went to a party after. Didn't bone. Not in the mood to bone+whiskey dick. Made out, heavy groping, lots of cuddling and drunkenly confessed our love for each other and promised that if we ever lived on the same coast we would give it a shot.

Jesus fuck... blame it on the alcohol?

5. jeff21

jeff21 Member

LOL thanks for the words. Its been 5 years so winner/loser you can't help but be attached. I think I'm drawn to the troubled ones

welcome to the club

6. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

After messaging this girl whom I've been seeing infrequently but exclusively for 3 months, I haven't heard from her in a week. It was nice to hang out with her, but the relationship never really went anywhere and it seems that we both have independently decided to move on.

I half expect her to text me this week apologizing and saying that she was busy; I don't know if I'll reply.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Went to the show. Went to a party after. Didn't bone. Not in the mood to bone+whiskey dick. Made out, heavy groping, lots of cuddling and drunkenly confessed our love for each other and promised that if we ever lived on the same coast we would give it a shot.

Jesus fuck... blame it on the alcohol?

Ah, just chalk it up to a nice evening with each other. Nothing more to read into it.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

remember boys:

1. about 50% of people get divorced but 100% of people at the alter think they're part of the 50% that won't...
    2. The person you marry is not the same person you divorce. Ie it's not all the good stuff that counts, it's can you live with all the bad stuff?

9. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Well, after a weekend long talk where she was sad but not exactly crying or anything we put our relationship on hiatus till I graduate. Will decide what to do from there (so mid December).

10. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

I Just Made a Decision My girlfriend has been sleeping over a few nights a week. When our schedules aligned she would come here after work and I'd cook her dinner (spaghetti, ravioli, etc.). What I think made me able to have a committed relationship with her was that she had a really good sense of humor in addition to being beautiful, which I find can be hard to come by sometimes. Anyways, recently StyleForum has been running very slow at certain times of the day and according to j it is not the servers. In another thread GBR suggested
    No problems at all so need to waste money on servers. Look closer to home.
    At first I thought he was stupid because clearly other people are having the same problem I am having, but I eventually figured out what he meant: my girlfriend is somehow making StyleForum run slow. I have no idea what she is doing, but she is obviously doing it so that I pay more attention to her and because she is jealous. StyleForum down time always coincides conveniently with her visits. I don't know if it is a virus she implanted and controls remotely or something else. She is very smart. I boxed up some of the stuff she has here and fortunately it fits in two medium cardboard boxes so we only have to make one trip to the car. It really hurts me to do this and I really care about her still, but she is not as important as StyleForum and her making SF run slowly has been a clearly unforgivable breach of trust (and not to mention a nuisance)...

11. Eason

Eason Senior member

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

13. ltb

ltb Senior member

literally lol'd.

14. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

When my GF and I broke up we ended on pretty good terms and she insisted that she wanted to be friends in the future. I didn't commit either way because I just didn't know how I'd feel about it. Fast forward two months I start posting on facebook about my new dog, a trip I'm going on, and how I'm generally happy with life and she (and her friends) delete me. I guess we could only be friends if I was going to be miserable and wanted her back. [​IMG]

15. EMY

EMY Senior member

When my GF and I broke up we ended on pretty good terms and she insisted that she wanted to be friends in the future. I didn't commit either way because I just didn't know how I'd feel about it.

Fast forward two months I start posting on facebook about my new dog, a trip I'm going on, and how I'm generally happy with life and she (and her friends) delete me.

I guess we could only be friends if I was going to be miserable and wanted her back. [​IMG]

nice! a similar thing happened to a friend of mine except all but 1 friend deleted him. apparently, the group still wants to know what's up.

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

haha, fucking Facebook. I guess it's good that my recent ex doesn't use FB (part of her overall fear of having personal info on the web) because we have a lot of mutual friends. I've recently spent some time with some of them, and it hasn't really come up. I'm feeling pretty much over it lately, although listening to an old voicemail as I was deleting them wasn't such a great idea. Oh, and looking at old photos... [​IMG] Time to go do yoga with a bunch of young co-eds!

17. APK

APK Senior member

18. APK

APK Senior member

Closure on my buddy's situation from a few pages back:

He kept talking to her and spending time with her, but finally realized he didn't want to deal with her major self-image issues.

Example: She found out the name of his last girlfriend, looked her up on Facebook, saw she was a hottie and then asked him if he thought the ex was pretty. He told her, "Yeah, she was my girlfriend for three years." The girl got pissed even though, 1) it's absurd to think people weren't at one point attracted to their exes, 2) this girl and my friend aren't even dating, so it's even more absurd to get upset that he was attracted to his ex-girlfriend.

Dames.

19. Eason

Eason Senior member

Damn, cheating aint that bad son, depends if you could see yourself together with her for the rest of your life or not. If not then no biggie.

20. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Whatever you do, don't get drunk and write her a ten page letter.

+100000