I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. hiisociety

hiisociety Well-Known Member

Anyone else hate it when your ex tries to pull some passive aggressive bullshit after you guys break up? I seriously hate Facebook. I think I will take the higher road.

FB became the breeding ground for these types of girls... Unfortunately...

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

My ex is being fucking crazy. Yesterday she sent my a text telling me how immature and pathetic I am because she saw me laughing with my friends and assumed I was laughing at her and she was so upset she went home and that I'm insensitive for not realising how upset she was that day. Today I was in a coffee shop, I got to the bathroom come back and she's at my table and asks if I can get her some milk, asks how I am and tells me I'm destroying my life with my occasional drug use and then she got up and left.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

My ex is being fucking crazy. Yesterday she sent my a text telling me how immature and pathetic I am because she saw me laughing with my friends and assumed I was laughing at her and she was so upset she went home and that I'm insensitive for not realising how upset she was that day. Today I was in a coffee shop, I got to the bathroom come back and she's at my table and asks if I can get her some milk, asks how I am and tells me I'm destroying my life with my occasional drug use and then she got up and left.
    Wow

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Wow
    nice. damn. that's up there with my ex for crazy.

5. Alter

Alter Senior member

nice. damn. that's up there with my ex for crazy.

Years ago I had a break up that happened because the girl was moving to a different city and we didn't want to do the long-distance thing. A month after she moved away she walks into my place of work unannounced and hands me a bag and then starts calling me an asshole for not trying to contact her. What was in the bag? She had taken all of the photos she had of us together and cut herself out of the pictures. A few of the pictures of me had holes where my head was.

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

You didn't buy her the milk, right?

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

She just deleted me from facebook like 10 mins ago, crazy girl. I don't blame her for being so messed up, her dads a coke dealer who left her when she was like 3 so I suppose thats reason for her to be fucked.

8. ghostbusters101

ghostbusters101 Well-Known Member

Advice please, old men.

Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc.

Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

^^ Sappy declarations of love never work. So do whatever is not that.

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

^^ Sappy declarations of love never work. So do whatever is not that.

The ONLY place they work is in chick-flicks.

11. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

Advice please, old men. Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc. Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.
    According to books like The Game, etc. that would be a great way to get here back. It's the opposite of telling her you love her and acting all needy and sappy. Ideally you want to look like you're happy without her (which you're doing sounds like) but also dating other people, enjoying your hobbies, maybe traveling and experiencing new things that she could be a part of if she was still with you. Play up her jealousy as much as you can and pretend you could care less whether she still likes you or not. Best of luck,

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Advice please, old men.

Going to talk on the phone with a girl that essentially broke up with me a few months ago. She sent me texts a couple nights ago saying that she looked at a picture of us the other day and started crying so we should talk on the phone soon. So it may be a heavy talk. How should I play it if I want to potentially get back together with her down the line? I'm still young so this is future talk. Whenever we talk which is rarely, I do the whole "I love single life" routine and act like my life is great now which has been working well. Since talking like this instead of acting like a sap, she tells me she misses me, sends me little "<3" text messages, has a different tone on the phone, etc.

Q:Has anyone had any success getting a girl back by exaggerating how happy you are without her when you talk? It seems to be working well for me.

At first she thought you would be miserable without her. When she saw you are actually enjoying life without her, she instinctively wanted to be part of your happy life, which is why she wants you back. Girls are attracted to non-needy guys who have a fun, adventurous life. You can go about this 2 ways: you can tell her she means a lot to you, that you miss her, love her etc (in which case she will lose attraction for you) or you can show her how happy you are without her, how you are enjoying life and enjoying the company of other women (in which case she will want you more). The choice is yours.

13. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Ex just called. She's coming to pick up a few of her things left at my place tomorrow. This is the girl that I truly and deeply loved for 3 years and still do. Now it's completely over. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

Ex just called. She's coming to pick up a few of her things left at my place tomorrow. This is the girl that I truly and deeply loved for 3 years and still do. Now it's completely over. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Answer the door all sweaty, wrapped in a towel, and yell back to your bedroom "Hold that position, be back in a second babe!"

15. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Answer the door all sweaty, wrapped in a towel, and yell back to your bedroom "Hold that position, be back in a second babe!"

Perfect! I need to try that too.