• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of the best advice on this subject I've ever gotten was, "You can only have someone tell you so many times that they don't want to be with you before you start to ask yourself if you really want to be with them."

It seems obvious, but isn't always easily to put into action.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It can be a little difficult around holidays, even though a lot of people advocate being single during those times to save money, which has always struck me as a silly reason to not be with someone. I seem to end up in groups of people who are mostly couples, so that makes single life trying at times.

Maybe I'm just odd but I never understood why the holidays necessitated having a significant other. I've never felt the need to be with someone at that time to be any more important than the rest of the year. I'd even say I think I'm the exact opposite; I'd much rather spend those days with friends and family I haven't seen in a long time than with some chick I spend a lot of time with.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Know that I say this with lots of love and sincerity but someone needs to smack you in the face. Hard.

Without a doubt. In regards to this and many other situations.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'd even say I think I'm the exact opposite; I'd much rather spend those days with friends and family I haven't seen in a long time than with some chick I spend a lot of time with.
+1 Although, I tend to think like that on most days, not just holidays.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
True. But I don't want to get over her. So I guess if this makes me take longer to get over her it's not such a bad thing
smile.gif

I like torturing myself with misery too. But I mean, sometimes you fall into your own trap and become obsessed.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Know that I say this with lots of love and sincerity but someone needs to smack you in the face. Hard.

All his relationship posts are facepalm :/

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

Sometimes, for whatever inexplicable reason, girls that could do so much better stick on you; and when they leave you find them utterly irreplaceable because you've been punching so far above your weight.

Then after multiple viewings of Swingers, everything is back to normal.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why? So he doesn't want to be a player and **** his way around town? He found what he wants and is going for it. What's so bad about that? In a way I actually think its admirable.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why? So he doesn't want to be a player and **** his way around town? He found what he wants and is going for it. What's so bad about that? In a way I actually think its admirable.

The only thing I find offensive is this pattern:

Kwilk: <mopey posts about ex-gf>
Someone: <advice>
Kwilk: <Thx but no thx I'ma do what I'ma do>
Everyone: <advice>

Either everyone needs to shut up, or kwilk needs to shut up, I don't care which, it's just this exact conversation has happened so many dog-******* times that my refrigerator is full and I've insaned

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

Nobody's (well apart from MS
wink.gif
) telling him to **** everything that moves. "What he wants" no longer wants him; people are simply trying to get him to stop obsessing about a past relationship so he can form new ones.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Nobody's (well apart from MS
wink.gif
) telling him to **** everything that moves. "What he wants" no longer wants him; people are simply trying to get him to stop obsessing about a past relationship so he can form new ones.

Hell, I'd tell him to **** everything that moves. I just know it would do no good. Boy's got it in his head that he only wants one thing. Until he realizes otherwise we're not moving that bar.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
This is the kind of generic marsupialed **** that doesn't mean anything and that you can't possibly know about but that close friends will say because it makes their sad friend feel better. You are not his close friend so shuttup. Fuji: keep your chin up though, you sound like a pretty cool dude so you'll do ok. No need to compare your situation to hers; a breakup isn't a happiness/success competition and you'll only get obsessed if you try to keep tabs of who is "winning".
Don't worry I'm fine now. I got wrecked on MD and went for a bit of a rave last night and got with some gorgeous girl and I went out last friday with my exes friend and got with her too so its all good. I think this is a fairly good way to get over a girl.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The only thing I find offensive is this pattern:

Kwilk: <mopey posts about ex-gf>
Someone: <advice>
Kwilk: <Thx but no thx I'ma do what I'ma do>
Everyone: <advice>

Either everyone needs to shut up, or kwilk needs to shut up, I don't care which, it's just this exact conversation has happened so many dog-******* times that my refrigerator is full and I've insaned

I have never asked for relationship advice on this forum or given any indication that I would follow it. So is it really surprising that I don't follow the advice that I don't ask for and don't need?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I have never asked for relationship advice on this forum or given any indication that I would follow it. So is it really surprising that I don't follow the advice that I don't ask for and don't need?

Hence the following:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads