• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Hendrix, you got yourself into some **** man. Why would you even screw around on your girl? If you were unhappy you should have left. Be a man. And now the situation you're in sucks. I feel sorry for you but at the same time it's hard to feel sorry for you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

No,

The girlfriend found out. It's over, obviously. It was absolutely horrible. She's always been very needy, and our relationship wasn't going so well, but she's always been very trusting. I really hope I haven't damaged her. Obviously if the girl was pregnant I was planning on telling her, but the way she found out was worse - she saw my phone and read the txts from the might-be-pregnant girl.

I broke it off with the girl who's pregnant by telling her I wanted back with my girlfriend. That was before I found out she might be pregnant. That's kinda tarnished me for her and any chance of a future relationship with her. She's nice but tbh I couldn't imagine being with her long term. But maybe that's because I was with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years.

More importantly, she's not even a resident of this country.

Jesus christ this was a ****** thing to do.

sorry man, both of these ladies are better off without you in their lives. ****** thing to do, brah. you're better off than the girl you impregnated obviously.. I hope she's not from a country with very strict and conservative norms.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I hope she's not from a country with very strict and conservative norms.

maybe it's the exact opposite where "doesn't believe in abortion" can be easily resolved by a Wikipedia article proving its existence?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hendrix, you got yourself into some **** man. Why would you even screw around on your girl? If you were unhappy you should have left. Be a man. And now the situation you're in sucks. I feel sorry for you but at the same time it's hard to feel sorry for you.

I agree 100%

Terrible thing for me to do that I honestly wouldn't have thought I was capable of doing.

I'm not saying I don't deserve the consequences.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what made you do it? What was so tempting?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So what made you do it? What was so tempting?

I don't know.

This sounds so ******, but I think it might have partly been the ego trip of going up to the hottest girl in the club and succeeding*. I say this because I thought about leaving once it was clear I could have it, but I didn't. I'd got way too far in by that stage.

The other thing is that our relationship wasn't going very well. I had just moved to a new city to be with her and I expected that her neediness would wane after that move but it didn't. I should probably have called it then, but it'd been one of those relationships where we were often breaking up and getting back together and I'd basically gotten to the point where I didn't see a real break up as an option.

Neither of those are meant to be excuses. Just reflections for myself to think about.

Jesus christ I'm an asshole.

It's very humbling to realise how corruptible I've become.

*not meant to be a humblebrag.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't really care for the life-style part, but I am becoming increasingly aware of how much I'm wanting things lately.

I need to find someone or something to keep me grounded.

You made a few bad choices and we all went through such phases.

You have been selfish ,following an ego trip but I'm sure you have learned from these mistakes.

You're a genuine nice guy and your reaction is only proving that particular point.

Even if guilt is a very powerful emotion,time is a healer and I hope you will find inner peace very soon.

mr usneun

Reaction score
The girlfriend from a dude of mine (not really a best friend of mine, we watched some sports events together etc) might be into me. She really gets in personal contact and hopes I attend events where she is. She even came to my place with him even though it was for me a no go and she always denied the interest into the event (she even wasn't sure if she would come with him at the first place). She is a cool girl obviously and I guess it could work but what should I do?

I would destroy a relationship, wouldn't I, if I would do the next step? I mean atm only she does, or so I think.
I know this may be the wrong thread but it's still a conflict situation. What would you guys do?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Concerning the blonde bike rider, when I asked for her number she told me she had an exam two weeks ahead and it was going to be stressful for her beforehands.
Got the number monday, called her early friday evening. She did not answer the phone.
Waited till yesterday noon and send her a message "Dear x, hope you are doing fine. How is your preparation going? If you are interested and manage to have time, I'd like to invite you to have lunch/dinner with me this weekend. Wish you a lovely day. Louis XIV"
No response - number deleted.

Went to dinner with a friend, had some drinks at his place and went to a small club yesterday.
People were relaxed and there was a surprisingly good balance of females to males taking into account there are something like three times as many guys than girls in this city due to the technical university I am going to.
Spent some time dancing and had a few girls briefly approaching me, who sadly I had no interest in.
A shame that one of them had a really interesting looking friend but they moved away as soon as I did not react to the one approaching me.
Then this drunk guy stumbels across the dance floor, stepping on peoples feet and almost being punched by several guys who were protecting their friends.
So far so good, this guy ends up bothering a group of five girls by making weird dance moves right into their faces and persistently following them around even though they literally run away from him.
I step between the girls and this guy and tell him off and he gives me a free performance of his moves for 30s before he disappears.
The girls give me high fives and thank me for being aware of what was going on because "everyone else was just watching but nobody helped" I acknowledge with a grin :bigstar: and return to my friend who was consistently failing to get in touch with this lovely girl everybody in this club knew was all over him. :facepalm:
Some time passes and I end up dancing next to the group of girls again when another marsupial approaches one of them who wore a black and white top only to tell her she looked like a zebra, a very attractive zebra :crackup::brick:.
Obviously she is not interested and turns away from him but he persist to talk to her.
I step in once again and ask him if he thinks his pickup line was any good and after asking myself for what must have been five times whether I have ever seen a zebra before this guy too moves away.
So the zebra lady tells me that chivalry has become a rare treat and over the course of several minutes of smalltalk I get to know every of the girls but the one I find attractive :fu:
She is always the one furthest away in the group and whilst obviously enjoying herself a lot while dancing she just doesn't talk.
I excuse myself to go to the bar and upon return the girls are gone, no good-byes, they just left.

I really can only laugh to myself, my buddy and I were handed so many byes that evening and we both fucked it up royally, the two of us are real ******* losers :D
Maybe I should offer a bouncer service for attractive sinlge girl groups so they can at all times feel as if they have their older brother with them?:lol:

You're ******* boring. Have fun masturbating.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a girl send me back a sweatshirt a week or two ago. Closest to a break up I've had in awhile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads