• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
+100. In general, western men and women have an idealistic view of what life should be like. They are heavily influenced by the media, whose job is to entertain, not educate.

Very true.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
Very true.

I've seen this to be more true of Americans than any other westerners. Here, the word of Oprah automatically becomes the law of the land.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Broke up with my girlfriend last night. She was crushed and I feel horrible about doing it, but she wanted to marry me and I am nowhere near that point in my life. The worst part is she is so amazing and everything I could ever want in a woman but we are at two different points in our lives.
frown.gif

been there, done that. I was actualy considering doing it with the current gf because she totally wants that **** and I dont. I feel guilty holding her back you know? But Im too selfish I guess.

Originally Posted by TheD0n
I don't fully understand the logic of:

Dating a perfect girl
+ she wants marriage
- you want marriage
= break up with her

Clearly you havent been in many relationships.

See above. Sometimes a girl is great but you know its not fair to keep her back. For instance, I dated this one smooookin hot girl 7 years older than me. She was in baby fever. Yea, we were great but I was not about to get latched in for that so we had to split.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen this to be more true of Americans than any other westerners. Here, the word of Oprah automatically becomes the law of the land.

American women want everything. They want a "soul mate" who can spend endless hours talking philosophy and feelings, as long as you agree with her; they want jobs but don't want the kids being tended by someone else; they want a big house and nice car but don't want to be second place to a job. They want to be treated as an equal partner, but want to be lead by their man. They want to be "completed" by their man, which means the man is responsible for her happiness, but they don't want to be defined by their man. They want to talk openly about the relationship, fantasies, etc., as long as everything you say is a lie.

This is the modern American woman.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American women want everything. They want a "soul mate" who can spend endless hours talking philosophy and feelings, as long as you agree with her; they want jobs but don't want the kids being tended by someone else; they want a big house and nice car but don't want to be second place to a job. They want to be treated as an equal partner, but want to be lead by their man. They want to be "completed" by their man, which means the man is responsible for her happiness, but they don't want to be defined by their man. They want to talk openly about the relationship, fantasies, etc., as long as everything you say is a lie.

Amen! I couldn't have said it better. Men and women don't know if they should be masculine or feminine. American women are brought up to believe they are entitled to the fairy tale and men are brain washed into thinking they owe women that lifestyle. As a result, many women have a laundry list of what they want in a man but when you ask them what they have to offer, they feel offended you would even ask that. On a date, woman would want to be the man when it suits her. Then, 45 seconds later she would want to be a woman, at which point the man is supposed to be the man. Then, 35 seconds later, she will want to be the man, at which point the man is expected to realize this and become the woman. This all boils down to taking advise from the media, which simply thrives on giving this type of entertainment advice.

That's why cats are - and will continue to be - a thriving industry.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amen! I couldn't have said it better. Men and women don't know if they should be masculine or feminine. American women are brought up to believe they are entitled to the fairy tale and men are brain washed into thinking they owe women that lifestyle. As a result, many women have a laundry list of what they want in a man but when you ask them what they have to offer, they feel offended you would even ask that. On a date, woman would want to be the man when it suits her. Then, 45 seconds later she would want to be a woman, at which point the man is supposed to be the man. Then, 35 seconds later, she will want to be the man, at which point the man is expected to realize this and become the woman. This all boils down to taking advise from the media, which simply thrives on giving this type of entertainment advice.

That's why cats are - and will continue to be - a thriving industry.

lolwut

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
After 11 years of marriage and 3 kids, wife is size 2. It's her job.

pretty impressive. Mine says she's gonna start going to the gym and start swimming on Monday, and I just laughed at her because the thought of her swimming made me think she'd snap her twig arms against the water resistance.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
pretty impressive. Mine says she's gonna start going to the gym and start swimming on Monday, and I just laughed at her because the thought of her swimming made me think she'd snap her twig arms against the water resistance.

whose arms are smaller? yours or hers?
devil.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score

wow i LOVE blanket statements.
plain.gif

Men in the US never have to worry over how to balance having children and having a career.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
Men in the US never have to worry over how to balance having children and having a career.

Men anywhere don't have to worry about having to balance having children and having a career.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men anywhere don't have to worry about having to balance having children and having a career.

I shouldn't laugh but
crackup[1].gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I shouldn't laugh but
crackup[1].gif

Is that true in Australia too? Wow I'm good :)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just broke up with my girl.

We were fighting all the time because i couldn't give her the time she needed. In the end it's just that i'm not in the right stage in my life to want to or be able to make her a priority.

I think it's for the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads