• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A year, a month and some days and I'm still dreaming about her. Stupid ******* emotions. **** ain't worth it. Castration is the way to go.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
A year, a month and some days and I'm still dreaming about her. Stupid ******* emotions. **** ain't worth it. Castration is the way to go.
frown.gif
crazy.gif
butbut.gif
cry.gif
Listen to the wise poet Bob Marley:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, I feel ya there bud. It's been four years since me and Miss Hong Kong broke up. I saw her a week ago and my heart leapt into my mouth. I'm not over her at all. ****.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Prada_Ferragamo, any details why?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
haha - no. My ex in Hong Kong. I never put their names up here, but since I mentioned her in the previous post as the one in HK, I just refered to her as Miss HK.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The friends thing doesn't really work out. You might be able to be cordial or friendly with them, but it's an oddity when two people are able to actually be good friends following a long/intense romantic relationship. My logic has always been that if you were able to be such good friends, the relationship probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I have to agree with what everyone has said above with being friends. Too awkward.

Originally Posted by m@T
hmmm

lemme think.

I've kinda been a serial relationship guy for the past decade, punctuated by intermittent bursts of singledom upon which the how we roll thread has hinged.

1st of those gfs - 4 yrs together - ended on decent 'weve just grown apart terms' - we are still friends and chat regularly on line. There was a little animosity for a while, but we're all good and continue to think highly of each other.

2nd of those gfs - 2 yrs together - ended very very hostile, patched up in due course, and hung out last week in HK. We're ok, but there is still a lot between us. I'm still in love with that ******* girl, and her me...but there is a lot of crap between us.

3rd - 1.5 yrs together - ended very hostile. She ignores me on sight and told my staff a couple of months ago that I 'destroyed her life'. She was ******* crazy. Stories of her conduct have been documented on here in the past.

4th - 2 yrs together - the start of this thread. We're pretty friendly. She is now dating one of my friends, and with my sincerest best wishes. It is occasionally awkward, but we have all been grown ups about it, and honestly, she's great, he's great, go over there and be great together.

4.5 - just like 6mths together - ended when she left the country (see upthread) and on good terms. Terms promptly deteriorated. See previous post.

So I guess that means I have about a 50% stay as friends/friendly ratio with my exes, generally taking a bit of time to settle down....

Hmm, I've had similar experiences. Still have trouble communicating with an ex I've spent years and years with. She's married now and doesn't feel it's appropriate to keep in touch. But this new breakup, we were like the golden couple, everyone thought we were gonna make babies and get married. So far we've been super friendly, talked yesterday for an hour, seems like we both are happy and sure that this is the way to go.

So I am really hoping we can make it as friends.

Anyway, details on the crazy broad? (bolded)

Naaah, it gets better. But really, ******* a ton of other girls helps greatly.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Prada_Ferragamo, any details why?

Well she just came over from China a few years ago. So she's one of those pretty girls who's alittle spoiled and needed all of the attention. I don't blame her, but I needed my space from time to time. She never understood why that is. We argued alot over the stupidest ****. It just added up I guess eventually. She liked to hear me saying sweet things, but I am more about actions than yapping. Now I look back, I guess I should have said more to her than I did. She did care for me alot and held me through some of the toughest times of my life. I never realized how important she is/was to me just until we have broken up.
frown.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Anyway, details on the crazy broad?
umm well we always fought, I wont get into that. That was crazy enough. She was a lawyer, so I never won a single argument. If I can give you one piece of advice to take through life it is this: Never date a lawyer. After we broke up, she really hit the roof though. Was calling and texting and emailing like crazy (alternate between i love you please come back and please die and leave my country). I ignored everything. Then she decided her next plan of attack would be to call my staff and tell them that every night, I was taking her home, picking up hookers and banging them when I got back to my place. To. my. staff. Then, when I met someone else, given that it's a small world after all, she knew my new gf's sister. She took to calling her and all their mutual friends and telling them that every day at lunchtime, I was banging my staff. It was seriously fucked up - we walked in to a dinner party one night and all conversation instantly stopped - everyone was talking about how This New Boy Matt ***** his staff and hookers every night. I never knew I had the energy.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Naaah, it gets better. But really, ******* a ton of other girls helps greatly.

Not going to happen. No help there.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I think "absolutely loving" the dark knight disqualifies TS from even talking to her...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads