I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Her confusion makes her build a wall around herself, it sucks, but she is so hard to talk to. It is what it is though.

I see. Well, don't get discouraged. If anyone get can through her, I'm sure it's you.

2. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

The understanding, you don't has it. Come back in a few months and you'll see things in a whole new light. She was ready to throw you out of her life. "I need to take a break" is the world's biggest copout in a relationship. The only things that are keeping her from banging Armando are your constant sniveling and her fear that she won't find anyone else. And yes, this is based on personal experience. What do you think's going to happen in two more years if she takes you back now? The same damn thing that crept up now is going to later.

Not everyones story is the same. Yeah, everyone think they are the exception, i'm not saying I am, but i'm saying if we get back together, and something like this happens down the line...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

[​IMG]

I think you're already on the bridge.

4. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Not everyones story is the same. Yeah, everyone think they are the exception, i'm not saying I am, but i'm saying if we get back together, and something like this happens down the line...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

No, you're very clearly stating that you think that you're the exception. Much in the same way a girl is very clearly stating that it's fucking over when she says that yall need a break. There are exceptions. I know one. They've been dating for two years, but the dude had a super fucking busy semester and didn't have enough time to dedicate to the girl who was feeling left out. They communicated perfectly before, had no unaddressed issues, and communicated the terms perfectly then. They weren't going to sleep with anyone else, they weren't going to see each other, and at the end of the semester it was back on. The got back together and are doing better than ever. This exception occurred because of exceptional circumstances. Yours aren't.

Tonight, even if she has the balls to tell you that it really isn't going to work out, you're going to beg and plead and that she reconsider, and give you a chance, and tell her that you're sure that you can fix things because you love her so much. She may reluctantly consent. You'll come back here thinking that you're successful while she's calling Armando telling him that she's had a bullshit evening and needs a good dicking from a real man to help her unwind.

5. Neo_Version 7

Gale, don't be so harsh. I'm sure Mark knows what he's getting into. I also highly doubt she'll give "Armando" a call. And even if Mark does plead (which I don't think he will because he's pretty steadfast in leaving things open-ended), that doesn't make him worse off. It shows he's willing to make it work. And I repeat, she too feels the same way. She's reserved/shy/reluctant/what have you when it comes to her emotions. While it's not excusable, it's understandable given the circumstances.

6. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Neov7 earns a gold star for his contribution to this threak.

7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

No, you're very clearly stating that you think that you're the exception. Much in the same way a girl is very clearly stating that it's fucking over when she says that yall need a break. There are exceptions. I know one. They've been dating for two years, but the dude had a super fucking busy semester and didn't have enough time to dedicate to the girl who was feeling left out. They communicated perfectly before, had no unaddressed issues, and communicated the terms perfectly then. They weren't going to sleep with anyone else, they weren't going to see each other, and at the end of the semester it was back on. The got back together and are doing better than ever. This exception occurred because of exceptional circumstances. Yours aren't. Tonight, even if she has the balls to tell you that it really isn't going to work out, you're going to beg and plead and that she reconsider, and give you a chance, and tell her that you're sure that you can fix things because you love her so much. She may reluctantly consent. You'll come back here thinking that you're successful while she's calling Armando telling him that she's had a bullshit evening and needs a good dicking from a real man to help her unwind.
    Yeah, bro, fuck you. I think you just crossed a line. You give good advice, but at this point this shit reeks of bitterness. I don't intend to beg, plead or grovel in front of any woman, even if it is the one I love, I intend to have a mature, civil, conversation, and see where things go.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Gale, don't be so harsh. I'm sure Mark knows what he's getting into. I also highly doubt she'll give "Armando" a call. And even if Mark does plead (which I don't think he will because he's pretty steadfast in leaving things open-ended), that doesn't make him worse off. It shows he's willing to make it work. And I repeat, she too feels the same way. She's reserved/shy/reluctant/what have you when it comes to her emotions. While it's not excusable, it's understandable given the circumstances.

+1

Neov7 earns a gold star for his contribution to this threak.

Yes.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Fore shame. We haz been trolled.

10. West24

West24 Senior member

haha neo is jokes. you should definately not hold her hand or kiss her. you have to be business like! tell her why youre leaving and leave politely. dont kiss show feelings towards her because thats not why youre there. youre there to show her what she could of had and now its over.

in the end i dont know what would be more funny. if you didnt go and had what ifs because a bunch of guys on an internet forum told you not to, or if you got back together with her.

11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

haha neo is jokes. you should definately not hold her hand or kiss her. you have to be business like! tell her why youre leaving and leave politely. dont kiss show feelings towards her because thats not why youre there. youre there to show her what she could of had and now its over.

in the end i dont know what would be more funny. if you didnt go and had what ifs because a bunch of guys on an internet forum told you not to, or if you got back together with her.

I think it's been made pretty clear, that while I absorb and take in the advice i've gotten, ultimately I do what I feel like I should do.

In my opinion, thats the best thing to do, in the end, even if she doesnt work I at least know its becase of what I did.

12. Neo_Version 7

I was going for a light peck on the cheek, West. Parents do it to their children all the time. It's a display of affection and is not necessarily mushy or romantic. "Business-like"? She's not a client from Pakistan. She's somebody Mark really cares about. And there's no need for ultimatums. They are a lot like Communism -- better on paper than put into practice.

13. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

But my whole case was...I know we can fix them, let me show you. I think she's actually coming around to that.

Blah...this whole thing is going down in 4 hours and I still feel so lost about it. Meh.

If you can't film it, at least bring a recorder. After 30+ pages of this, SF deserves the full story - post the recording here!

14. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

I think it's been made pretty clear, that while I absorb and take in the advice i've gotten, ultimately I do what I feel like I should do.

In my opinion, thats the best thing to do, in the end, even if she doesnt work I at least know its becase of what I did.

Yes. U are attenshionhoar. Is ok. Someone need to fill the lulzvoid of MS.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

whatever happens, mark, i hope it ends well and is what you truthfully want vs. what random internet casanovas convinced you that you want