I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

We need a new break up. This one is starting to bore me.

2. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

MarkI is still an idiot.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

MarkI is to relationships as GreenFrog is to jobs.

4. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

If she began to speak, and said that she wants to make it work, and stay together, then yes, why would I say goodbye?

Because at the very least YOU probably need a bit of a break at this point to gather your thoughts.

I know the reasons, I don't know if there is any sense in sharing them here though.

Come on - you can't hold out on us like that!

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Or EAson is to underage girls.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

We need a new break up. This one is starting to bore me.

I shall date a lass simply to break up with her!

7. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

WRONG:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=195672

12 really isn't that many.

Wasn't your original beef wanting to know what her reason was? Keep in mind that if she told you something, that she still may not be being honest. If it was another schlong, don't bother get back together. I don't believe in once a cheater, always a cheater, but I do know that it gets exponentially easier to do again in a relationship once you've done it in that relationship.

The issue with this dinner extends beyond just the meeting. You're setting a precedent that's a bitch to get past. You may report great success, but it doesn't normally end that night like you say (but obviously don't mean) you want it to.

8. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Or EAson is to underage girls.
    You got that backwards? I thought that you sucked with jobs? MarkI sucks with relationships? Isn't is more like underage girls suck Eason?

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

well, since marki is a lost cause, i think we all deserve props for calling how things were gonna play out. good job team.

10. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

This thread is a train wreck. MarkI not making the best decisions up until now, and most of you telling him he's just going to keep screwing up. [​IMG]
    ^Thats why.

I'm done responding to Mark. I would put him on ignore, but I don't want to miss on the boom.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I just hope this guy did not tell his ex-chick that he posted here when they were together, she could be reading all of this and having a grand ol' time

"So he said he would call me?!" "Ok now I will fuck with his mind some more"

This is an excellent point. And don't think it's not possible.

Just forget it, guys. Mark1 will continue to fuck this up, he'll make himself a lot more sad than he would be if he'd just let it die, he'll sulk for months, and then he'll get over it. He'll have learned the hard way. That way, in a few years, when one of his friends is in a similar position, Mark will understand exactly what to tell the young lad, and that young lad will inevitably disregard his advice, and that young lad will continue to fuck it up, and he'll make himself sadder than he had to, and then he'll sulk for months, and then he'll get over it. And a few years later, when that lad's friend is in a similar position, the lad will....... ad infinitum.

Pretty much this. I can't say Mark's trolling because I know a lot of us have been in his position and felt how he does. It just seems a lot worse because he's posting everything he's feeling, warts and all. That's fine. It would just be better if he were doing so while not communicating with this girl at all.

12. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

well, since marki is a lost cause, i think we all deserve props for calling how things were gonna play out. good job team.

Does everybody end up going through one of these?

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    [​IMG]

14. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

12 really isn't that many.

Wasn't your original beef wanting to know what her reason was? Keep in mind that if she told you something, that she still may not be being honest. If it was another schlong, don't bother get back together. I don't believe in once a cheater, always a cheater, but I do know that it gets exponentially easier to do again in a relationship once you've done it in that relationship.

The issue with this dinner extends beyond just the meeting. You're setting a precedent that's a bitch to get past. You may report great success, but it doesn't normally end that night like you say (but obviously don't mean) you want it to.

What precedent am I possibly setting?

You want to make it work, ok lets see what we can do?

You dont want to make it work, but you still got feelings, you still care about me, love me etc, I dont give a fuck im out.

And obviously im not going to ask her straight out if she wants to make it work, ill let her drop upon that herself if she wants too, she already knows the reason we are doing this is so I could say goodbye.

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I don't tell anyone I post here by the way, haha.