• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
Its honestly taking every single last ******* fiber of my being from calling her right now, and grilling her about this.

Not that I havent asked her before if there is someone else, to which she of course says no, but all of this talk is making me a lot more weary.

I have to make it to Wednesday, I will not talk to her, I will not.

Maybe i'm masochistic, but I need to know, and i'll find out.

Because she's going to tell you? Because you'll look good for grilling her? I could be entirely wrong homeboy. Just call it quits. You keep your dignity. She wonders "WTF?" I really liked unjung's message. Don't ******* ask her. Call it quits. DO NOT ASK ABOUT OTHER DUDES. You'll just look petty. Call it quits VIA TEXT and then go **** a bunch of people.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Because she's going to tell you? Because you'll look good for grilling her? I could be entirely wrong homeboy. Just call it quits. You keep your dignity. She wonders "WTF?" I really liked unjung's message. Don't ******* ask her. Call it quits. DO NOT ASK ABOUT OTHER DUDES. You'll just look petty. Call it quits VIA TEXT and then go **** a bunch of people.

I wish I could do that, but I really cant.

I'll admit that I feel too weak to do that, maybe, just maybe there is still hope and i'll ruin it all.

I KNOW i'm being ******* marsupialed and stupid, but I just don't know.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could do that, but I really cant.

I'll admit that I feel too weak to do that, maybe, just maybe there is still hope and i'll ruin it all.

I KNOW i'm being ******* marsupialed and stupid, but I just don't know.

Just know - you're making the inevitable worse for yourself. Why delay? What could be gained? You will not be spending a significant portion of your time with this girl going forward.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
pretty cynical. there are also break ups caused by a hundred other different issues.

I'm not saying that it's not the dude's fault that she's shopping around. I was completely distant with gf before she was my ex and banging other chicks when she started shopping around. When I got my **** together she was busy test driving. Then we ended up with the roller coaster that is here.

A breakup under different circumstances I agree could be caused by all sorts of different things.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Just know - you're making the inevitable worse for yourself. Why delay? What could be gained? You will not be spending a significant portion of your time with this girl going forward.

It's two more ******* days.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check your inbox

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's two more ******* days.

No, not true, because you know as well as I do that you're hoping something changes in the interim and things get fixed. Why don't you go to her house right now then and get whatever off your chest you are hoping to, if that's not the case.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not true, because you know as well as I do that you're hoping something changes in the interim and things get fixed. Why don't you go to her house right now then and get whatever off your chest you are hoping to, if that's not the case.

Been there, done that, doesn't work actually. She started crying and asking me how I could think that about her and I gave. One text is the way to go.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, doesn't work actually. She started crying and asking me how I could think that about her and I gave. One text is the way to go.

No, that's exactly what I mean. He won't do that, because he knows where her head is right now. He's hoping by Wednesday things will be different. If he just wanted to end it in person, he could do it anytime. But he doesn't want that.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like we've got in on lock now. We can chillax and slow everything down a bit. Lulz may well be avoided. Deep breath.
0039_8140_960.jpeg

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that's exactly what I mean. He won't do that, because he knows where her head is right now. He's hoping by Wednesday things will be different. If he just wanted to end it in person, he could do it anytime. But he doesn't want that.

This is what you guys are missing, I have tried to end it in person, more than once, I have tried to kill this thing, she continues to be on the fence, and not say its over, and keep me in this ******* limbo, it has been 3 weeks now. I am sick of feeling unsure, I am sick of feeling like this period.

This is the whole ******* point of meeting up with her, I am going to tell her enough fun and games, this all stops now, you either want to make this work, we go through with this, or we end it now, goodbye.

That is all.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, based on the tone of your recent posts, this is what is going to happen: She's going to tell you it's over and then, contrary to your current belief, you're going to spend the next several weeks (and maybe months) climbing the wall as you struggle to keep yourself from contacting her.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
OK, based on the tone of your recent posts, this is what is going to happen: She's going to tell you it's over and then, contrary to your current belief, you're going to spend the next several weeks (and maybe months) climbing the wall as you struggle to keep yourself from contacting her.

No, I will be a lot better off than I am now.

And I guarantee you she contacts me first, and I wont respond.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

She won't tell him that it's over until it's really going to do some damage...

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She won't tell him that it's over until it's really going to do some damage...

Like I just said in my PM to you, i'm not settling for any gray areas. She wants to stick together try to make it work, ok, if she is unsure, then I am out.

No in betweens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads