1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I think "absolutely loving" the dark knight disqualifies TS from even talking to her...
    I saw that too. Classic cars + cartoons > Dark Knight fan

2. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

umm

well we always fought, I wont get into that. That was crazy enough. She was a lawyer, so I never won a single argument. If I can give you one piece of advice to take through life it is this: Never date a lawyer.

After we broke up, she really hit the roof though. Was calling and texting and emailing like crazy (alternate between i love you please come back and please die and leave my country).

I ignored everything.

Then she decided her next plan of attack would be to call my staff and tell them that every night, I was taking her home, picking up hookers and banging them when I got back to my place. To. my. staff.

Then, when I met someone else, given that it's a small world after all, she knew my new gf's sister. She took to calling her and all their mutual friends and telling them that every day at lunchtime, I was banging my staff.

It was seriously fucked up - we walked in to a dinner party one night and all conversation instantly stopped - everyone was talking about how This New Boy Matt fucks his staff and hookers every night.

I never knew I had the energy.

wow.

This is a good reminder to be careful.

3. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

If I can give you one piece of advice to take through life it is this: Never date a lawyer.

Now you tell me.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm not sure how I f'd this one up, but a girl who was seemingly all over me for the past two weeks has suddenly completely lost interest. Went through my normal routine for Jpnese girls, which has a pretty high success rate if I get them out once.

Whatever. Trying not to beat myself over it. I love living here, but a teacher's xpm-9pm work schedule is horribly non-conducive to dating.

5. West24

West24 Senior member

I'm not sure how I f'd this one up, but a girl who was seemingly all over me for the past two weeks has suddenly completely lost interest. Went through my normal routine for Jpnese girls, which has a pretty high success rate if I get them out once.

Whatever. Trying not to beat myself over it. I love living here, but a teacher's xpm-9pm work schedule is horribly non-conducive to dating.

bitches will be bitches, son!

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I think "absolutely loving" the dark knight disqualifies TS from even talking to her...
    Not at all. I like the movie just fine. Watched it again the other day. It's not the best movie ever made or anything, but it's probably top five comic book movies.

7. MsMcGillicuddy

MsMcGillicuddy Senior member

bitches will be bitches, son!

It's true. We will.

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

I can see my current relationship ending quite soon. We had a talk two nights ago about my inability to have any deeper emotions about her. I told her I would try, but I knew I was lying. Right now I see her as something (and someone) to do and while really fun to hang out with, doesn't quite get to me in a way that I can see any sort of long term suitability with her. I like her as a person so a friendship would be ideal but I know such things are an impossibility immediately after breaking up.

I'm just contemplating right now if I should break it off soon or leet things take their natural course and end in a few weeks. I'm not in any particular hurry as there are currently no other prospects and she doesn't take up that much time.

9. MsMcGillicuddy

MsMcGillicuddy Senior member

I'm just contemplating right now if I should break it off soon or leet things take their natural course and end in a few weeks. I'm not in any particular hurry as there are currently no other prospects and she doesn't take up that much time.

If you know it's going to end, I think it's the adult thing to end it sooner rather than later. As you've said you might want to be friends with her, then I'd believe that means you have some respect for her, so I suggest showing her that by not wasting her time anymore.

10. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I feel like an ass about moving on so quickly(less than a week after a two year relationship) and getting my dick wet, but oh well, whatever.

11. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Never tried to get in touch with the trainee from Eastern Europe and now I feel like I should have. She's smoking hot but I'm not sure if she's shy or bitchy. Never even smiled when we had eye contact. But meh, she's only staying until new year and I'm out of office for vacation and business trips 5 weeks so it's not like there's any point in trying to hook her up now anymore.

I've never been single without even an ONS for such a long time since I was 13. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

I feel like an ass about moving on so quickly(less than a week after a two year relationship) and getting my dick wet, but oh well, whatever.

I thought that was supposed to happen within a 24 hour period?

13. randallr

randallr Senior member

That's how I end my relationships. Cheat. [​IMG]

14. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I thought that was supposed to happen within a 24 hour period?

That's how I end my relationships. Cheat. [​IMG]

No comment.

I guess you can say I had a 24 hour mourning period.

15. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I sat on the stoop to her building in my tweed cap and cardigan. She didn't recognize me at first, and was suddenly happy at my surprise visit. Upstairs, she buzzed about my remembering to bring some items I had promised. On the couch, I told her we had to talk.

She cried, I had cried on the drive up. She let me go to pursue my dreams as 2.5 years dissolved in 45 minutes.

16. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I sat on the stoop to her building in my tweed cap and cardigan. She didn't recognize me at first, and was suddenly happy at my surprise visit. Upstairs, she buzzed about my remembering to bring some items I had promised. On the couch, I told her we had to talk.

She cried, I had cried on the drive up. She let me go to pursue my dreams as 2.5 years dissolved in 45 minutes.

[​IMG]

Have a few whiskeys, shed a tear, and move on, brother.

Also, my ex is out of the country right now, but I realized that the next time she's back I am really going to have my way with her. Just because I can. Also because I still love her despite the overabundance of pussy right now [​IMG]

17. Matt

Matt Senior member

Not fun. Best wishes Count.

18. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I can see my current relationship ending quite soon. We had a talk two nights ago about my inability to have any deeper emotions about her. I told her I would try, but I knew I was lying. Right now I see her as something (and someone) to do and while really fun to hang out with, doesn't quite get to me in a way that I can see any sort of long term suitability with her. I like her as a person so a friendship would be ideal but I know such things are an impossibility immediately after breaking up.

= problems in bed.

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Absolutely brutal, but it sounds like the right decision in the end, by the way you worded it.

20. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

I just got the "ax" today. . . . . . it was by far my longest relationship i have had. I am sad, anyone got any songs or movies i could listen too to cheer me up [​IMG]

-CP