• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am t9 user..

francine

Reaction score
I am a regular texter and send messages using T9 predictive text. Anyone here a t9 user too?

chrysalid

Reaction score
if you try to write 'anal' using my T9 predictive text, it writes 'cock'.

francine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
wots t9?

T9 predictive text is a program in cell phones that instead of pushing a button multiple times to get a single character, you type a word and it picks the most likely ok.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by francine
T9 predictive text is a program in cell phones that instead of pushing a button multiple times to get a single character, you type a word and it picks the most likely ok.

anal = cock ??????
lol8[1].gif

francine

Reaction score
I think the problem of most people is they dont know how to use T9, and while the concept is simple enough. This site http://www.t9.com makes it easy to learn.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FOr some reason T9 is very intimidating to use from the begining (it was for me) but have like 5mins with it, its incredibly simple.

I just went through that T9 site and learned about pressing "1" for punctuation. I had no idea...

WN2

Reaction score
Is T9 a new thing in the US (or elsewhere)? I don't think there has been a single cell phone sold without it in the last 5 years or so over here. It's been a standard feature in even the cheapest models.

francine

Reaction score
Ya I agree. I guess T9 has been around for years (at least 10 I know of), and it can be a pain to start with, but you only need to tell it once each time and you will soon teach it the words you use, once you do it becomes a lot faster to use it. Its a good feature. Love doing some t9 trivia thingy here too.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The T9 on my Windows Mobile Smartphone seems to refuse to learn certain curse words and racial epithets.

chrysalid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
The T9 on my Windows Mobile Smartphone seems to refuse to learn certain curse words and racial epithets.

Censored by your own phone huh? I'd smash it's tiny screen in to show it who's boss.

francine

Reaction score
Lol.

Some phones you can't store words... you can in mine, but i know in my boyfriend's you can't. I just wished the dictionary were bigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads