1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I am on StyleForum a lot but...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lemmywinks, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Souper

Souper Well-Known Member

I don't see this being optimal unless there's little variety in your wardrobe and your pieces are mostly basic looking. With more distinctive pieces, hastily throwing on whatever without much thought often produces a mismatched look that many here would label "fashion victim"-- ironically similar to those whom spend too much effort trying to look good, but lack experience and skill. The later being what you're apparently trying to avoid. But once one has attained a certain level of judgment and experience, it is unlikely that the best result will be repeatedly obtained by expending little to no effort on the endeavor. This is true for anything, not just clothing and style.
    I've built a wardrobe of "classics" with a very precise complementary palette of colors over the years here at styleforum, the entire purpose was always to have maximum mix-and-match potential, and im pretty much there. The only thought I put into it these days is what scarf ties it all together. Think about it: what doesnt go with a navy blazer or tweed sport coat? Even if I'm wearing deep red pants or something, I can probably still walk out the door feeling ok. also, certain lifestyle situations limit you to certain things. Haven't worn jeans in 2 months.

2. word

word Well-Known Member

Everyday I walk out the door with a very uninspiring outfit. I have a pair of raw denim that fits well but everything else is just plain, fits pretty good but is boring.

Is anyone else like that?

I just wear dior jeans, random boots or cps and a boo shirt (or smth similar) every day. When it's cold I use a j crew flannel shirt and a patagonia down vest and toboggan. Sure it's predictable from my pov but whatever, it is easy and it works for me.

Used to be somets and apc but diors are like 100x better for me so I got a bunch of them.

Think what I need to do is get more accessories and things to layer with. My look now is kinda plain even if I'm in good shape and things fit well nothing really stands out. The niceness of the clothes I have now is a bit incognito, only people who know will notice. Exception being some of the patent leather cps because they stand out easily.

3. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

slim guy will pretty much always look better than a fat du no matter what

its ok jet i bet your good looking in your own right.

4. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Member

All the guys that are going down the boring, safe road are deluding themselves, although you spend way more effort picking out your outfits you don't look that different. Take a break from sf and gain more interesting influences but apply your new found knowledge of materials and fits.

5. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

Most clothing are not meant for "jacked" guys, and look better - to whom?