I am on StyleForum a lot but...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lemmywinks, Dec 26, 2010.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Everyday I walk out the door with a very uninspiring outfit. I have a pair of raw denim that fits well but everything else is just plain, fits pretty good but is boring.

Is anyone else like that?

2. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I am. IMO, just wearing clothes that fit and mesh well is a huge step above the general population.

3. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Everyday I walk out the door with a very uninspiring outfit. I have a pair of raw denim that fits well but everything else is just plain, fits pretty good but is boring.

Is anyone else like that?

If it's uninspiring, you're not doing something right. Instead of having it being forum approved, just buy something you like, go out, get laid, and feel good about it.

Then return and post about your conquests.

4. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

If it's uninspiring, you're not doing something right. Instead of having it being forum approved, just buy something you like, go out, get laid, and feel good about it.

Then return and post about your conquests.

Personally, I would feel unsure about poasting my sexual conquests for someone named unicorn princess on a men's fashion forum. Sorry

5. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Personally, I would feel unsure about poasting my sexual conquests for someone named unicorn princess on a men's fashion forum. Sorry

Persec measures. Shouldn't u be giving the OP advice, rather than dissing someones online handle?

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Come on princess, turn down the internet hate. I was kidding (3)

7. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

im the same way but thats only cus im broke.

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Persec measures. Shouldn't u be giving the OP advice, rather than dissing someones online handle?

geez unicorn......there is some level of sarcasm/kidding/etc within SF...simmer down!

9. aether

aether Senior member

it really is up to the individual to come up with their own personalized style that suits them and caters to their identity.

SF is only good for helping you figure out the brands, stores, and clothing vocabulary (i.e. like cardigan, balmoral, brogue, etc). if you really want inspiration when it comes to styling, look at streef fashion blogs.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Underrated thread right here..

I want to hear more from the OP.

and..

11. racknac

racknac Senior member

I'm in the same boat as you, but am not trying to wear anything flashy or an outfit that will get me noticed. The greatest benefit I've gotten from SF is the recognition of brands that provide the appropriate fit to my body type AND produce pieces that are contstructed with quality materials. I also think wearing clothes that fit you is a step above 90% of the world, 99% if you live in suburbia.

12. connor

connor Senior member

i feel the same way now that im at school. last semester i had an early ass class every morning, so to be in class at 8AM i didnt have a ton of time to get dressed. lots of jeans/tshirt/sneakers out there. it kinda disappoints me that i dont dress as well but i dont have time to iron a shirt or put together some shit in the morning. makes me feel dumb cause i still think about other peoples fits and shit out and about in my head, but im not doin shit out here either

one upside is that ive grown to like the tshirt/jeans/jacket look a little more and just get that to a point i like

13. dusty

dusty Senior member

You could start by buying a few interesting items that will work well with what you've already got.

14. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

i agree -- figure out what your current "look" is and try to narrow it down a little more... not all the time, but for when you do wanna show that steez

15. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Get a new haircut.