• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am officially sick

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Ok, who ever was the first one who found and posted about the RLPL/EG Cardiff's on bluefly you are the culprit who started my sickness. Â I had been going along fine wearing some pretty nice shoes. Â And then I get my first pair of RLPL/EG's, and today I get in most recent pair from eBay that someone else brought to my attention on this forum. In any event, I am very happy with the fit etc., and take them down to my "closet," and realize I have become sick. Â Since that initial post, I have added the following shoes: 3 paris of RLPL/EG's and 4 pairs of C&J Handgrades. Â I snapped this photo as evidence to the jury. Â I would also like to point out, that the photo does not include the pair of Savile's that was on my feet at the time the photo was taken. Â I am a sick man, who realized that I need a nice pair of brown monkstraps and somthing in cordovan. Â Â
tounge.gif

JohnMS

Reaction score
The Weymouths.  I need, not want, a pair.

Andrew, could you post a picture of the Saviles as well? Thanks.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice selection. I really like the antiqued Cardiffs...

NYCDan

Reaction score
Those are some beauts. I really like the ones in the lower left. Which are those? I can tell they are Crockett and Jones, but what model? I really like that color.

pitonboy

Reaction score
This is proof that a virus can spread from a computer to a human. I, too have been infected. The horrible thing is that I like the EGs and C&Js and I have this false sense of well being and comfort when I walk in them. I just don't know where this disease will lead--the gutter, the poorhouse, or ridicule on some talk show? And to think I was happy wearing AEs and J/Ms as little as a year ago.

My View

Reaction score
My enlightenment since joining the forum: many of my real and urgent needs were previously thought of as mere wants. I need EGs, and more EGs. And I feel C&J is discriminating against me and depriving me of my need for handgrades (especially The Weymouths) in wide fitting. I need to travel to Budapest to have some Vass made...
tounge.gif

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the middle back ones. I think if I got bespoke shoes, they might look like that. Andrew, you may be sick, but those seven pairs of shoes should last you a lifetime.
smile.gif

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a sick man, who realized that I need a nice pair of brown monkstraps and something in cordovan.    
Andrew,
You are well, because you are using your fine collection. Consider those who store unused shoes in their original boxes in their closets at home and at their office. Think of the wifely reaction when the secret treasure troves are discovered.

Do you really need to rotate more than 7 pairs of shoes? Your shoes should last at least ten years. Anyway, are monk straps really necessary in western Michigan, unless you're on the way to the airport to visit a more advanced clothing culture? Substitute silk knot cufflinks or pocket squares or less expensive items, as a diversion. Your post reveals your pride, but perhaps also a semi-serious desire to stop (for at least several weeks or until the next Ebay find). I know something about this. Not that I have Alden loafer Imelda disease. Not me.

Best Regards

daytrader

Reaction score
Awesome collection. Wow, Love those brown antiqued Cardiffs. ARRRGH, why did Bluefly have to run out of the 9's so soon. Â
sad.gif

rayk

Reaction score
daytrader: I don't know whether you would properly fit into a size 9.5, but this seller has a pair of RLPL Cardiff for sale for $599, including RLPL shoe trees. Â Certainly not the bargain of the century, but not bad if you really want these shoes.

daytrader

Reaction score
daytrader: I don't know whether you would properly fit into a size 9.5, but this seller has a pair of RLPL Cardiff for sale for $599, including RLPL shoe trees. Â Certainly not the bargain of the century, but not bad if you really want these shoes.
Thanks Rayk. Beautiful. Even better than I thought. The measurements I got though would make them a little to roomy for me I think. Still Perhaps might be worth trying.

brescd01

Reaction score
HRHAndrew, you may be sick, but I should be so sick: you have great taste.

shoefan

Reaction score
Daytrader:

I have a pair of the brown Cardiff's in a 9, brand new with Shoe Trees and box. I might be willing to sell them, so if you are interested send me a private message.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads