• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am obviously making a large generalization...

mccvi

Reaction score
I am obviously making a large generalization, but walking the streets of Manhattan now for years it has became unavoidably apparent that those from the tribe of Israel seem to have a hard time noticing that other people exist (as regards sharing the sidewalk or other public space). I have been trying to keep a Buddha nature about this, but as my 38 week pregnant wife is frequently bumped into or veered into the street it's getting harder.

Discuss.

(letting this thread drop
uhoh.gif
, i was genuinely interested in what made this pattern occur and was trying to look outside myself... but i don't trust this is going to go anywhere, anywhere positive at least give a couple of the initial responses - consider it a thread fail).

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
how do you identify them as jewish? for me, big tip offs include giant noses, rat like features, or a sense of covetous desire

ps: this thread and you suck.

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
how do you identify them as jewish? for me, big tip offs include giant noses, rat like features, or a sense of covetous desire

Despite your contemptuousness, you make a point. Am I being racist? Maybe, I hope not. I have merely observed what is undeniable pattern. And to address you identification question, clearly you don't live in or spend much time in NYC, let alone on the Upper West Side.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mccvi
I am obviously making a large generalization, but walking the streets of Manhattan now for years it has became unavoidably apparent that those from the tribe of Israel seem to have a hard time noticing that other people exist (as regards sharing the sidewalk or other public space). I have been trying to keep a Buddha nature about this, but as my 38 week pregnant wife is frequently bumped into or veered into the street it's getting harder. Discuss.
Your first problem is living in NYC. Your second problem is having your pregnant wife live in NYC. Your last, and final problem, is that you're not man enough to knock the ****** out for bumping into your obviously pregnant wife.

Liam

Reaction score
I can understand you being upset about your wife being bumped into repeatedly on the streets. People are in a hurry and in their own world that has been that way for a long time, nothing new. People I think generally are getting ruder anyhow, so don't expect it to get any better.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

rolleyes.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
how bout a warning sign
3297101_slideshow.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
devil.gif
rotflmao.gif
peepwall[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Them Jews usually wait for the baby to be out before they kidnap him. They're obviously discretely coping a feel to evaluate size and see if they'll need another one for the feast.

mccvi

Reaction score
(letting this thread drop
uhoh.gif
, i was genuinely interested in what made this pattern occur and was trying to look outside myself... but i don't trust this is going to go anywhere, anywhere positive at least give a couple of the initial responses - consider it a thread fail).

And so it continues...

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Despite your contemptuousness, you make a point. Am I being racist? Maybe, I hope not. I have merely observed what is undeniable pattern. And to address you identification question, clearly you don't live in or spend much time in NYC, let alone on the Upper West Side.

Gotta go with Teger on this. How do you know they are jewish? And are the gentiles/goyim actually nicer to you?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you think there's a higher occurance becuase they're jewish, or you're just noticing the jewish ones more so it seems like one group in particular instead of a collection of random people?

Also, you've got to be a bit more specific about what you mean with the bumping...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics