• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am not the father

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dropbeats
i met with her and yeah shes def pregnant but she said she doesnt expect me to do anything and i dont know if i belive that but i was like ok. we had a couple of drinks and got along pretty well, i was going to bring up the point of if it is my baby or not but things were going good so maybe next time

You guys sound like an awesome couple to be bringing a baby into the world. You in particular are quite the catch. Can I guess as to your vocation? Possibly budding DJ star/music producer/white rap artist?

Can child services take a child away from someone before it is born?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You guys sound like an awesome couple to be bringing a baby into the world. You in particular are quite the catch. Can I guess as to your vocation? Possibly budding DJ star/music producer/white rap artist? Can child services take a child away from someone before it is born?
crackup[1].gif
funny thread.

dropbeats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You guys sound like an awesome couple to be bringing a baby into the world. You in particular are quite the catch. Can I guess as to your vocation? Possibly budding DJ star/music producer/white rap artist?

Can child services take a child away from someone before it is born?

watever havinga couple of drinks isnt going to do anything to the baby
dj equipment is too expensive

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This explains a lot of things...

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is no known safe level of alcohol for pregnant women.

However, there is no concrete evidence that low alcohol consumption i.e. 1-2 drinks, can cause adverse effects. Having said that and given the initial statement, the recommendations are to refrain from alcohol use.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice. Did you guys share a pack of Camels and a rock of crack while you were at it?

Just tell her the child would be better off if you're not the father...now if only there were a chance she's not the mother...

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Nice. Did you guys share a pack of Camels and a rock of crack while you were at it?

Just tell her the child would be better off if you're not the father...now if only there were a chance she's not the mother...

You took the words right out of my mouth...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nazi. next thing i know, you'll suggest cessation of heroin and cigarette use while pregnant.

Originally Posted by Jumbie
There is no known safe level of alcohol for pregnant women.

However, there is no concrete evidence that low alcohol consumption i.e. 1-2 drinks, can cause adverse effects. Having said that and given the initial statement, the recommendations are to refrain from alcohol use.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's obviously some problems in this thread but consuming 2 alcoholic drinks per occasion during pregnancy is not at the top of the list.
Originally Posted by Jumbie
There is no known safe level of alcohol for pregnant women. However, there is no concrete evidence that low alcohol consumption i.e. 1-2 drinks, can cause adverse effects. Having said that and given the initial statement, the recommendations are to refrain from alcohol use.
In fact, the latest study (Int J Epidemiol. 2009 Feb;38(1):129-40) has shown the opposite. Less likelihood of problems and higher scores in children born to mothers who drank lightly even when adjusted for socioeconomic factors. Some of you are misinformed.
Boys born to mothers who had up to 1-2 drinks per week or per occasion were less likely to have conduct problems (OR 0.59, 95% CI 0.45-0.77) and hyperactivity (OR 0.71, 95% CI 0.54-0.94). These effects remained in fully adjusted models. Girls were less likely to have emotional symptoms (OR 0.72, 95% CI 0.51-1.01) and peer problems (OR 0.68, 95% CI 0.52-0.92) compared with those born to abstainers. These effects were attenuated in fully adjusted models. Boys born to light drinkers had higher cognitive ability test scores [standard deviations, (95% CI)] BAS 0.15 (0.08-0.23) BSRA 0.24 (0.16-0.32) compared with boys born to abstainers. The difference for BAS was attenuated on adjustment for socio-economic factors, whilst the difference for BSRA remained statistically significant. CONCLUSIONS: Children born to mothers who drank up to 1-2 drinks per week or per occasion during pregnancy were not at increased risk of clinically relevant behavioural difficulties or cognitive deficits compared with children of abstinent mothers. Heavy drinking during pregnancy appears to be associated with behavioural problems and cognitive deficits in offspring at age 3 years whereas light drinking does not.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
nazi. next thing i know, you'll suggest cessation of heroin and cigarette use while pregnant.

Only if you don't want your kid to become the DT mascot.

Or turn out like Conne...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you guys know that Maury Povich is married to Connie Chung (Conne Chung?)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads