1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

i am in the market for a new (beautiful and sexy) cellphone

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tsintaosaurus, Dec 9, 2007.

1. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

2. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

www.Wirefly.com

I am with TMobile and am looking for a nice, sleek cellphone (a MAN's cellphone). I have a great deal with them but their phone selection leaves something to be desired. I currently have an older Nokia 6630 (or something).

What cellphone would you guys recommend? I could buy one from another carrier if it can be used with TMobile (iPhone cannot be).

Thanks.

3. otc

otc Senior member

I've been spoiled by my great razr experiance (though it seems like many here have not).
    The metal construction has kept the phone intact while I have watched hinges break and things go wrong with my friends phones (such as a plastic LG the same size as a razr that has finally died completely after many applications of super glue). The glass parts dont scratch either...though my dad cracked his and had to pay like $15 for somebody to stick a new one in. I have had the phone since about august of 2005 and it is only now starting to go. I replaced the battery 1-1.5 years ago so I still get incredible life (I usually end up forgetting to charge it since it is so infrequent...) but the speaker sounds like it is starting to go...

We've been off contract for a while now...but AT&T doesn't really offer any great phone options for renewal (and amazon won't work with a family plan). I'm somewhat torn between what I want in a phone...I love the stripped down moto that was posted earlier (almost bought one off slickdeals last year just to try) but it didnt look so great for texting which I include in my mimimalist phone usage (if it could fit a few more lines of text on the screen it would be great...I don't need color or pictures...just sms).
    If amazon would work for family plans, I could get the motorola z9 for free which looks like a solid phone and based on my experiance with the razr would be a good bet. It has too many multimedia crap functions but I could see myself maybe starting to use a mobile web browser now that ctabustracker.com can tell me when a bus is coming...

Since there are no great deals out there right now...I may wait until I have figured out what I am doing after graduation. If I am going to have a blackberry stuffed into my hand, I may go the super-minimal route since I could do something like check the bus schedule on the blackberry's browser.

4. zeni

zeni Well-Known Member

You should checkout the Samsung U600. This thing is so thin it is unbelievable.
    [​IMG]

I bought this phone last year from http://www.mobilecityonline.com , love it. Never had a battery life problem but then again I charge every night.

5. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Dam I always just buy the cheapest phones. I break them alot.

I think I got the cheapest phone sprint carries right now. But it is pretty slim.

6. princemarko

princemarko Senior member

Get an iPhone and stop screwing around.