• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am done - no more clothes purchases

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Well I think that it, I am done with (major) clothes purchases for a while. I dropped some weight so I have been pretty active in my shopping over the last year as I needed a whole new wardrobe. Today I took devilry of three more suits that I feel complete my wardrobe.

I know have suits that fit well, full canvas in the following colours: Solid Navy, Solid Gray, Pinstripe Gray, Pinstripe Blue, Brown check, light brown check, blue check (subtle) & black DJ

Jackets in: Tan micro Check, Olive Check, Blue Blazer, light blue.

Pants in: Tan, Brown, Gray, Blue, Olive, Charcoal

Belts in: Chestnut, Brown, black, Chili, Tan, Dark Brown, Burgundy

Shirts: 1 dozen - good mix of stripes check and solids (but too many blues, might need a another 6 or so shirts)

Add this to a good collection of shoes, ties and squares (which though they did not need be replaced, the collection still got augmented in the buying process)

I am hoping by making this declaration, I will be able to stop buying for while. Somehow I think the opposite will happen as I am sure you guys will chime in the list of items I absolutely need in order to really call my wardrobe complete.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't not buy things if I am on here, or look at magazines for too long.

I don't think you should stop buying things. But now that you have all that you 'need' you can add in bits and pieces at your leisure without requiring it to be a staple or something that must fill a needed whole. Rather you can kinda buy what you want. You know that if you pass buy some crazy deal, and it fits perfect, you won't be able to pass it up.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have you started replacing all the RTW items in your wardrobe with bespoke alternatives yet?

- B

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Seriously, I can't not buy things if I am on here,

That's the spirit!

And, whatever you do, don't click on this link

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Have you started replacing all the RTW items in your wardrobe with bespoke alternatives yet?

- B

Haha, see. Its never ending
devil.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of like plopping yourself down on a bar stool and announcing that you stopped drinking to all of your buddies. Good fuckin luck!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good God man, are u going barefoot in your new clothes?
fight[1].gif

Regards.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Seriously, I can't not buy things if I am on here, or look at magazines for too long.

I don't think you should stop buying things. But now that you have all that you 'need' you can add in bits and pieces at your leisure without requiring it to be a staple or something that must fill a needed whole. Rather you can kinda buy what you want. You know that if you pass buy some crazy deal, and it fits perfect, you won't be able to pass it up.

Very good advice.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
This is kind of like plopping yourself down on a bar stool and announcing that you stopped drinking to all of your buddies. Good fuckin luck!

quoted for truth.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Good God man, are u going barefoot in your new clothes?
fight[1].gif

Regards.

"Add this to a good collection of shoes, ties and squares (which though they did not need be replaced, the collection still got augmented in the buying process)"

I have a decent collection of mostly Allen Edmonds shoes that have always fit, I added some C & J's to the collection recently. I have 9 pair of dress shoes - not a tonne by SF standards, but enough.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. Moderation can be your friend. Going from the extremely of buying a lot within a year to buying absolutely nothing may not be the best answer. Instead, as rj said, but things that you may want but do it in a more leisurely, casual manner.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say this every morning before logging on SF.
frown.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ OP
There's no such thing as too many ties, or socks, or squares.
Just thought you should know
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads