1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Dandy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

white shirt + cufflinks in Italy pretty much means someone got married....

JW once said “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!”

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

What adult man could sit, obviously alone, on a playground and not be looked at askance?

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was walking during lunchtime once and I saw the daughter of the woman who owns the hair salon I go to. She was on a field trip or something holding hands with all of the other kids in a line. My initial reaction was to say hi to her because she knows me and has known me her whole life, but then it hit me. Weird guy on the street in a suit going up to a little kid and talking to them, probably not a good idea. Decided to just keep walking.

4. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Maybe I've mistaken very light blues for white... do you find if it tends to be of that variety or more bold blues? I've always avoided the really light ones since they seem like they could come off as a dirty white shirt that was laundered wrong, but on the other hand white isn't the most flattering color to have right next to my pasty skin... I may reevaluate this.

Ouch.

5. Francolin

Francolin New Member

Do you gentlemen wear ties and/or bowties? And if you do, why do you wear them?
    Where do you buy them and what are the aspects that are important to look at if you buy one?

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, they make me feel more confident and help me gain status amongst peers (male and female).

That's the answer you're looking for, right?

7. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

The best thing about the Good Taste thread was that it made me realize the inherent superiority of the blue shirt. Since that thread, all of my bespoke shirt orders have been some variation of blue and I am super happy with every batch that has come back.

As for the Dandy Portrait blog, great find. Me likey...

[​IMG]

8. Dandy Wonka

Dandy Wonka Senior member

As a lawyer I have to wear a tie. I have lots from different designers but most of them would be either Hermes or Rochefort (a Sydney designer that makes great ties):

http://www.rochefort.com.au/productTies.htm