• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am broke

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realized today that my bank account balance = upcoming visa bill. My spring/summer steez purchases are on hold. haha. This sucks.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I realized today that my bank account balance = upcoming visa bill. My spring/summer steez purchases are on hold. haha. This sucks.

This hasn't stopped anyone else from buying houses, yachts, etc. For the past few months I've been consistently at -10K on my cc and feel quite lucky it isn't -500K like some of my friends.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear ya...

I'm not in negative territory at least, but it would be nice if my boss could pay me on time one time! Swear to God I'm going to liquidate our entire office this Friday.

Pro-labor Democrats make the worst hypocrites... and my boss tops that list.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha my visa is maxed out so I'm also putting off the houses and yachts for a while.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a part time job so I can keep up the irresponsible spending...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I hear ya... I'm not in negative territory at least, but it would be nice if my boss could pay me on time one time! Swear to God I'm going to liquidate our entire office this Friday. Pro-labor Democrats make the worst hypocrites... and my boss tops that list.
I did contract work for one of those pro-labor Dems. All his full-time labor worked under the table in a kind of hi-tech sweatshop in a back room. The staff was constantly changing and always from Vietnam. Even better, his wife was a tax auditor, also from Asia.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
This hasn't stopped anyone else from buying houses, yachts, etc. For the past few months I've been consistently at -10K on my cc and feel quite lucky it isn't -500K like some of my friends.

While I'm an extravagant spender, I try to never incur a credit card debt.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
While I'm an extravagant spender, I try to never incur a credit card debt.

yeah I was around even before a few months ago where I had to spend 10K at once. Been hacking away at it though.

crush

Reaction score

you are not alone!
the forums cost me a bunch of money lately,damn
blush.gif

btw: 100th post, at 12 o`clock, yeah!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at it as a good opportunity to build credit.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
...I think we may be able to work out some sort of "arrangement" my young friend...

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I may be broke, but I'm never poor" Michael Wilding. I used to spend all the money I made but over the years, I've learned to save. I'm not a billionaire but it's always good to know I have a 'nest' saved up.

madison avenue

Reaction score
Start selling off assets! Dont feel bad I just use my card and dont count what it adds up to then await for a big surprise at the end of the month. You can always open up twenty creditcards and use one to pay for the other max them all out and then file bankrupt!

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector

how does one amass 500k in cc debt?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Live within your means" is a concept that people can't seem to grasp these days.

carlhuber

Reaction score
Do you guys know how insane all of this is? Carrying 10-500k in credit card debt? I hope my sarcasm detector's broken and you guys are just joking
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics