1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical Situation: All Sugar Diet with caloric deficit. What happens?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Saltricks, Jul 7, 2011.

1. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

mgm you're 20 right?? You do realize there's still a possibility for growth of additional muscle mass as part of the 'filling out' growth from adolescence phase to adult. [I know you're an adult currently, but this a span of time I'm referencing]. Did you ever think that your diet with higher protein content and fat simply allowed for this gain of mass. I doubt what you're experiencing now withe diet change and added muscle mass would be true at 20 for say a 40, 60, or 80 year old person? You're current diet change is probably better enabling yourself to add muscle since you're young.

2. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Also, added fat when going from very low BF % to relatively low BF% tends to visually enhance the current muscle mass the person has on themselves, as far as looking bigger in the mirror.

Ask any competitive bodybuilder about this and they'll most likely agree.

3. 89826

89826 Senior member

The Atkins low-carbohydrate diet is extremely unhealthy. His autopsy showed heart disease and the effects of hypertension. In other words, it'll kill you.

Also, it is almost impossible for anyone eating anything close to a normal diet not to get enough protein.

4. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

Did you ever think that your diet with higher protein content and fat simply allowed for this gain of mass.
    Yes. That is exactly what I thought. I also think it's what helped me shed the extra 20, or so, pounds of fat I was once carrying around in my abdomen and thighs.
    I'm not so sure of that. I think it's a common misconception that simply age, alone, is the cause of a reduction in metabolic rate and decreased ability to build muscle mass, and that it is simply an inevitable aspect of getting old. I personally think anyone can reap the same benefits and results of the diet, at any age, barring some preexisting, extreme metabolic disorder. Though, I do also believe this diet can help reverse and ameliorate a substantial degree of the damage done by most chronic diseases.
    I do think it's enabling me to add muscle, while simultaneously losing fat. But I don't think that has anything to do with my age. Perhaps my youth affects the rate at which I've progressed, but I don't think it has anything to do with the ultimate effect of the low carbohydrate diet.
    The Atkins low-carbohydrate diet is extremely unhealthy. His autopsy showed heart disease and the effects of hypertension. In other words, it'll kill you.
    I suppose I'm doomed, then.

5. Eastern Shoreman

Eastern Shoreman Member

To the OP with the simple question, the answer is you lose weight if you stick to that diet and deficit. And you probably feel like crap.