• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hypothetical question about KG EG Chelseas

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Hi all,

Let's say - hypothetically, of course - I found that I could buy a pair of Kurt Geiger EGs for a good price (not £140, but less than £200) in my size, in either red or blue. Let's say, also, that I'm tempted to buy, but even at the discounted price it's a fair chunk of change. In order to buy them, I would have to be sure I would wear them regularly, and that means the colour can't be too far from "regular" shades.

Let's say, finally, that I wouldn't mind seeing photos of said red and blue shoes, to see how dark they really are. Would anyone be willing to oblige?

Geoff

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new Middle one ... Left santoni FAM dark brown wholecut, Right G&G Hayes vintage rioya LIVE

jjl5000

Reaction score
EGBlue1.jpg

Top is EG's midnight, an antiqued blue. Below is the KG EG blue (aniline) which is virtually black and completely indistinguishable from the latter in most circumstances.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically the only one who will ever notice that they aren't black is you. So go with personal preference.

I liked the wine better.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the wine. But I'm biased.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geoff, what's this hypothetical nonsense? Kindly reveal your source as grimslade had all but forgotten about the Navy! Is it direct from a KG shop?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue / Wine / Green

Green is the one i wear the most, esp with gray/khakis. All of them will be mistaken for black.

Regards.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Like a kid in a candyshop!
bounce2.gif

vinshter

Reaction score
In direct sunlight, I definitely notice the color the the pairs I have in Wine and Navy. In most cases though, the Navy might as well be black, even when compared next to my black shoes.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found a pair on the KG website for £175. They still have a few left!

Unfortunately, after making the decision to go with midnight blue in size 9E (after having done some budgeting last night), I have just read that they don't ship overseas.

baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

So, unless someone is willing to order them for me, I suppose I'm stuck. Would anyone be willing to do so?

Geoff

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Hi all,

I found a pair on the KG website for £175. They still have a few left!

Unfortunately, after making the decision to go with midnight blue in size 9E (after having done some budgeting last night), I have just read that they don't ship overseas.

baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

So, unless someone is willing to order them for me, I suppose I'm stuck. Would anyone be willing to do so?

Geoff

call Harrod's . . . Just like Grim did . . .they ship overseas . . . the number is posted in this thread somewhere . . .

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=kurt+geiger

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Just called Harrod's, and they told me that they were officially out of stock. They referred me to "customer service", which turned out to be Kurt Geiger, who then told me that I can't get a pair unless I could pay from a UK-based account.

*sigh*

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, Harrods ships overseas, but I believe they are pretty much sold out now. The other thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=kurt+geiger) also alerted to a sale at Liberty for GBP140 a while ago; sale is now over and I believe there was mention that stock was pretty depleted at the Regent St location. My guess is there are probably some pairs left at various KG locations in the UK (http://www.kurtgeiger.com/store-locator); however, I don't know if a retail KG location will take a phone order and ship overseas since their website did not allow for that. I never bothered to call ld to check...Geoff, I guess you're even later to the EG/KG party than I was!

If you're willing to, pardon the pun, take a gander, mind asking them if they have an 8.5E Chelsea in either Wine or Navy?

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Here's what they have on their site:

Green (E width): 6,7,10.5,12

Blue (E width): 6,7.5,9,12
Blue (EE): 9

Wine (E width): 6,7,10.5
Wine (EE): 9

Geoff

PS - I'm serious about asking whether anyone would be willing to order them for me. Willing to pay a small commission to make up for the inconvenience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads