Hypoallergenic belt?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by copperx, Mar 13, 2010.

1. copperx

copperx Member

My skin is allergic to most metals (except hypoallergenic ones, silver, and gold), and all of the belts that I've had in my life make me develop a rash in my belly from the belt buckle touching my skin when I'm sitting.

Belt buckles touch my skin when I'm sitting untucked.

This might be a stupid question, but by any chance does anyone produce hypoallergenic belts?

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

My skin is allergic to most metals (except hypoallergenic ones, silver, and gold), and all of the belts that I've had in my life make me develop a rash in my belly from the belt buckle touching my skin when I'm sitting.

This might be a stupid question, but by any chance does anyone produce hypoallergenic belts?

get a silver plated belt buckle, if you are not allergic to silver. they are probably out there.

3. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Rope.

Honestly, unless you can dish out the money for a precious-metal belt buckle (do they make these?), you'll probably have to get one made especially for you.

4. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

...or just wear a wife beater.

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

Honestly, unless you dish out the money for a precious-metal belt buckle (do they make these?), you'll probably have to get one made especially for you.

this wouldn't be the worst thing. it would be expensive but you would have a seriously ballin belt buckle.

6. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Get that shit made from platinum!!!

7. racknac

racknac Senior member

sweet. I found someone just like me! You should get some clear nail polish and just coat the part that would touch your skin.... worked for me.

8. TimH

TimH Senior member

Hi Copperx,

If the nail polish does not work or wears off let me know as I have a guy who silver plates for me when customers request it.

9. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

funny his screen name is copper...

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ralph Lauren makes belts with silver buckles for about $85, which isn't too bad.

11. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior member

Are you allergic to stainless steel too? Tanner goods lists their stainless buckles as a 'great alternative for people with metal allergies'. the link is for just the buckle but their belts are pretty sick so check them out too. http://www.tannergoods.com/?page_id=...&product_id=85

12. phildo

phildo Senior member

^ Weird. I thought stainless steel was usually one of the worst since a lot of people have nickel allergies.

13. ironartcanada

ironartcanada New Member

Check out hypoallergenic belt buckles by Robert Aucoin. He started his company because both of his children were sensitive to buckle rash.