• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hydroxycut

TowleY

Reaction score
Anyone ever experiment with it. One of my friends weighed about 250 lbs and now is about 180 said it worked great for him, and obviously it did losing 70 lbs. Anyone else ever use it though or can give me any advice on it. Thinking about trying it out to lose weight.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
I tried it for a bit. When you first try it, it makes you feel jittery and cracked out; not a good thing. Honestly, I've read enough bad things about it that I never want to try it again.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wu Dynasty
I tried it for a bit. When you first try it, it makes you feel jittery and cracked out; not a good thing. Honestly, I've read enough bad things about it that I never want to try it again.

Yea im looking at yahoo answers thats what everyone is saying. Its pretty much like taking crack. Did it actually work well for you or did u not see any noticible affect for the worth of it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks now that they took the ephedra out.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Or you could eat smart and exercise.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
i have been taking hydroxy cut for the past few months with great results, although it has much more to do with the excercise and diet change, increased thermogenesis can only help if done in the right way imo
lost about 15 out of the 20 lbs im aiming for so i just need to maintain the excercise and diet till spring when i can start running outside again
but yes... initially it will crack you out... the first time I took the recommended daily dosage (the instructions tell you to take 1 pill twice a day and keep building up to 3 pills twice a day)
It was terrible... i was jittery... i couldnt focus... and it made for a terrible day... i was in school trying to study and i had ended up having to go in my car and take a nap... after the intial jitteryness and rush of caffeine, it made me totally crash with a monster headache... so yea... be careful with this stuff
on a plus note though it has increased my metabolism due to the increased daily intake of caffeine, but as soon as i hit my desired weight/look im gonna taper off this stuff and just start taking some green tea pills (plus drinking more tea)

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
i have been taking hydroxy cut for the past few months with great results, although it has much more to do with the excercise and diet change, increased thermogenesis can only help if done in the right way imo
lost about 15 out of the 20 lbs im aiming for so i just need to maintain the excercise and diet till spring when i can start running outside again
but yes... initially it will crack you out... the first time I took the recommended daily dosage (the instructions tell you to take 1 pill twice a day and keep building up to 3 pills twice a day)
It was terrible... i was jittery... i couldnt focus... and it made for a terrible day... i was in school trying to study and i had ended up having to go in my car and take a nap... after the intial jitteryness and rush of caffeine, it made me totally crash with a monster headache... so yea... be careful with this stuff
on a plus note though it has increased my metabolism due to the increased daily intake of caffeine, but as soon as i hit my desired weight/look im gonna taper off this stuff and just start taking some green tea pills (plus drinking more tea)

So do the ends justify the means? Im in college I dont want to be taking it if I would not be able to focus on my studies since I need like a 3.6+ this semester.

4 questions mainly:
Would you recommend it.
how much would I need to excersize if I did take it.
Can I take it if I didnt excersize
Would I be able to take it only on the weekends and slow down the pace of it to avoid it messing with my studies

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've taken it. It messes up my sleep. It's also an "upper" if you want to be hyper. By itself, it won't have a huge effect. Tacked on to diet/exercise it'll increase fat last by 15-20% additional to what you would lose with just diet/exercise in any given period.

Go 2 weeks without bread/pasta (and ice cream, cookies, etc.). You'll lose 8 pounds with minimal walking as exercise. More if you lift and/or run.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
I've taken it. It messes up my sleep. It's also an "upper" if you want to be hyper. By itself, it won't have a huge effect. Tacked on to diet/exercise it'll increase fat last by 15-20% additional to what you would lose with just diet/exercise in any given period.

Go 2 weeks without bread/pasta (and ice cream, cookies, etc.). You'll lose 8 pounds with minimal walking as exercise. More if you lift and/or run.

How would you say it is in relation to energy drinks. I drink them alot, and dont get jittery or anything. Ive had like 4 of themin a day, still not jittery

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I smoke and drink too much coffee. Tried some hydroxycut (back when it had ephedra) because my roommate was taking it. Walked around with my heartbeat pounding in my ears for a few hours. No thanks..

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
i wouldnt start taking it any where near finals or midterms because it takes some getting used to...
in all honesty its all depends on the person, and their situation
what fred fred says is spot on imo
it may **** with your sleep... ive had (and sometimes still do) nights with restless sleep... if i take it too close to bed time (id say within 3-4 hours) it keeps me up twisting and turning for an hour or two... its a terrible feeling really, you cant fall alseep because your heart beat keeps you up
frown.gif

you need to be careful with any thermogenic drug though, if its taken wrong it will **** you up
it really does help with cutting though, so like i said it depends on each individuals situation
to answer your questions though:
1) yes I would if you are smart about when you take it
2) Id say a good rule of thumb is atleast 3 times a week, all the better if you do more
what i did during the semester is MWF was gym day with different lifts (mostly compounds ofcourse), and the other days i simply did an ab workout and went running, leaving sunday as a rest day, relax with family, attend church, etc..)
3) when i first starting taking it, i didnt have the same lifestyle, and it did little to nothing. exercise and diet are key to losing weight, getting in good shape, and staying that way. no pill will ever replace it, and any thermogenic should be taken along with frequent excercise and a smart diet to maximize results
4) I doubt it would do anything... thats kinda like if you drink 10 glasses wine on a saturday night and seeing if they gave the same effect as drinking say 2 glasses of wine a night over the course of that week... all you would be doing is getting drunk on saturday nights and not really reaping the health benefits of what wine has to offer
kinda of a horrible explanation but i tried
smile.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i only use hydroycut in the morning before working out to get the extra energy from the caffeine to have a better cardio session.

lifting and building muscle is the effective way of burning fat. taking hydroxycut close to bed when you're sensitive to caffeine is a bad idea, imo, because you deprive yourself of the sleep you really need so you can work out properly for the rest of the week. who likes to work out when they are tired from lack of sleep?

TowleY

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, all the advice really helped. Imma try using it over the summer for a session since I am not taking summer classes.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Sucks now that they took the ephedra out.

Word.

I always preferred Xenadrine though.

Lucky7

Reaction score
I hear cocaine is a much better alternative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads