• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Have been back in SE Asia for the last couple of weeks for my brother's wedding so I thought I'd update. It was a beautiful ceremony and was finally able to see him in his wedding suit. For those who missed the first post about it, it's an MTO suit, Morrissey jacket and Delon trousers, in a superlight Loro Piana wool-linen-silk herringbone. The jacket is fully lined as a half-lining would show through the fabric, and at some angles you could just make out the pocket bags of the trousers despite the lining in the thighs. Despite the lining he said it was quite comfortable even being in the tropics. At first he was unsure of the dark horn buttons but I do like how it adds a touch of contrast and the whole look doesn't feel too washed out. We accessorized it with a vintage linen pocket square with an embroidered "F" monogram (the first letter of his name) that I found at the Marché aux Puces, and a thin 1950's era Audemars Piguet dress watch in yellow gold. Simple and timeless.

325771759_1035919467324451_7789673179730174726_n-2.jpg

Just received the brown cord trousers from SSENSE in size 42 and they are way too big. The difference between the small tag factory size 42 and large tag factory size 42 is quite noticeable. The small tag size 42 was a 44.5 cm waist measured flat while the large tag factory size 42 has a 42.5 cm waist measured the same way.

I plan on having several items made to order this year so this is a little confusing. Can anyone who got their MTO items in recently tell me if they have small or large tags? The last piece I had MTO had a small tag but now I have to triple check before initiating any orders.

The brown cords are Montand cut for anyone wondering.

Because I was going to be in 30°C weather on a daily basis during this trip I didn't dare bring any jackets, but I did bring a pair of MTO trousers and this is the tag that's attached to it. I don't know if it's small or large as I don't own any of the RTW, but it looks similar to the one posted above. I believe it's from the same factory, from what I've been told the MTO is all from one maker while the RTW has had some factory changes in the past year, including some RTW pieces being made by the MTO factory (the EDS in the tag above is the giveaway).

IMG_1442.jpg

When I took this picture I also realized that the vintage fabric origin is written on the tag, which is nice for when I eventually forget what mill it was from. Since (from what I can see) the pattern doesn't make use of the selvedge, like some tailors do in the trouser pockets or inside the waistband for example.

Also being back in the tropics for some time, I can imagine only how tough it would be wearing tailored jackets on a regular basis here. I can't even wear anything with long sleeves let alone a second layer, so one can imagine why tailored jackets aren't worn for anything but the most formal of occasions or very traditional offices where they blast the air-conditioning all day. A bit of a tough market for a brand like Husbands where suiting is meant to be a fun alternative rather than sweaty obligation. After reading these last few posts and wearing my pair all day today with no issues, in this market I do see a potential niche for them in trousers. I feel like they make a good product in their trousers even if the jacketing gets all the attention, with the slim and straight cuts serving the more conservative clients and the Poupaud model, the name of which I've only learned about now thanks to @merkwurdigliebe, as the fashion-forward option. And you could throw the wide-leg option in there too, though I've yet to try that one. In a light worsted or a Fresco I can imagine it being very easy to pull off, and from what I know the corporate world hasn't embraced shorts for the office (yet). It could be an interesting alternative to the standard slim-tapered trousers you see at every price point nowadays. Not sure if anyone on this thread lives year-round in this climate, but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually remember seeing the small one for Thom Sweeney as well, forgot which manufacturer, don’t recall the large one though

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Autre Vue thanks for sharing. The suit looks great.
I did not know Husbands also had access to Loro Piana fabrics! They have a wool-silk seersucker that I'd be very curious to try.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
The different tags I'm referencing. Small (left) vs large (right).

Wow that is large. The small one is definitely like mine though, and is likely the Naples factory.

@Autre Vue thanks for sharing. The suit looks great.
I did not know Husbands also had access to Loro Piana fabrics! They have a wool-silk seersucker that I'd be very curious to try.

Yes I don't think they bring it out much, but as we were looking for something super specific for a beach wedding, it came out of a drawer and my brother fell in love with the fabric.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of trousers from SSENSE that sound like the trousers from that suit. Photo of the label:

so these are the trousers worn. New to the trouser silhouette so trying some stuff out. Not sure if there is enough contrast with the jacket. Feedback appreciated.
84B6E2F3-4343-4EB3-A6C5-44DF9F3516B6.jpeg

08A68C5C-CED1-4437-BC1F-8787A770822F.jpeg

Autre Vue

Reaction score
so these are the trousers worn. New to the trouser silhouette so trying some stuff out. Not sure if there is enough contrast with the jacket. Feedback appreciated.
View attachment 1882888

This is nice, the combination reminds me of something you would see in 60’s Vogue Homme.

Yesterday I had the chance to see a preview of what I believe is the next F/W season (Fall-winter ‘23), and I think far and away the best and most comprehensive RTW collection Husbands has done so far. I didn’t get to ask how it’ll be released, whether as one large seasonal collection or in drops, but the range of pieces is huge, from the standard tailoring to varieties of knitwear, shirting, trousers, amazing outerwear, even shoes. And completely new pieces, not just different colorways of existing cuts. I don’t want to reveal too much, but I thought I write down some key takeaways from the collection that stuck with me: wide wale cords, double face cashmere, salmon pink and bordeaux, vintage Wrangler inspired denim, Donegal, wide legged trousers, blousons in wool and leather(!), long scarves, more boots. I hope they don’t mind me writing this, but it’s such a good collection and it’s quite exciting so it’s hard not to talk about. I hope all the pieces make it into production because as a whole the proposition is very strong and really establishes the brand's image even further.

Last edited:

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Just went to order a tie from the webshop and saw that there is now a flat shipping fee of 65 euros to the U.S. with no option to change it. I picked up several things from them in December and the same shipping method was 30 euros for each order. New policy or some kind of glitch? 65 euros for 1 tie seems excessive...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads