• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

Fad P

Reaction score
If it’s the same thin rib Caccioppoli that I’m thinking of, then that fabric is indeed gorgeous. So much so that I had an entire suit made in that black corduroy. And I’m thinking now if I should get a waistcoat made up for it as well, like what merkwerdigliebe had done.

It has a very fine (almost unnoticeable) rib and velvet sheen. 
Caccioppoli sounds like a good bet.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
It has a very fine (almost unnoticeable) rib and velvet sheen. 
Caccioppoli sounds like a good bet.

8CF239D2-F08D-40DB-BA77-D9A978B13DCB.jpeg

I actually decided to wear the jacket today, so if it looks like this then it’s the Caccioppoli. Plush 100% cotton, no stretch, perfect for the fall.

The one caveat for me is except for the silkiest linings, the corduroy catches in the sleeves when I put on an overcoat, like the Barbour I’m wearing today.

Fad P

Reaction score
View attachment 1860658

I actually decided to wear the jacket today, so if it looks like this then it’s the Caccioppoli. Plush 100% cotton, no stretch, perfect for the fall.

The one caveat for me is except for the silkiest linings, the corduroy catches in the sleeves when I put on an overcoat, like the Barbour I’m wearing today.

That’s the one. Makes be tempted to get a Ferry jacket and make it a full suit.

LeSpaceCowboy

Reaction score
View attachment 1860658

Damn, love your ootd! That’s what we call « un sans faute ». Very stylish.
What’s the grey donegal in the back ground? Pants or coat ? Asking because I’ve been looking at this exact one on WBill and H&S for a week now, for my next order.

Last edited:

Autre Vue

Reaction score
That’s the one. Makes be tempted to get a Ferry jacket and make it a full suit.

I say go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And if you're feel a little rakish, you could instead go for a single button peak lapel or a full on wide lapel double breasted. Those were my two other ideas, and part of me regrets playing it safe with the single breasted notch. There's an interview with Michael Barnes, the founder of Arthur and Fox, from an early issue of L'Etiquette where he talks about making Serge Gainsbourg a suit in black corduroy with peak lapels.

Damn, love your ootd! That’s what we call « un sans faute ». Very stylish.
What’s the grey donegal in the back ground? Pants or coat ? Asking because I’ve been looking at this exact one on WBill and H&S for a week now, for my next order.

Thank you, this is has been one of my favourite combinations once the temperatures dropped. The donegal is actually from a pair of vintage very wide-legged flares, almost oxford bags in proportion, that I got from Tartan Vintage in Florence. And you didn't hear it from me, but if you're interested in grey donegal there may be a full grey donegal suit coming in the RTW collection very soon...

LeSpaceCowboy

Reaction score
I say go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And if you're feel a little rakish, you could instead go for a single button peak lapel or a full on wide lapel double breasted. Those were my two other ideas, and part of me regrets playing it safe with the single breasted notch. There's an interview with Michael Barnes, the founder of Arthur and Fox, from an early issue of L'Etiquette where he talks about making Serge Gainsbourg a suit in black corduroy with peak lapels.

Thank you, this is has been one of my favourite combinations once the temperatures dropped. The donegal is actually from a pair of vintage very wide-legged flares, almost oxford bags in proportion, that I got from Tartan Vintage in Florence. And you didn't hear it from me, but if you're interested in grey donegal there may be a full grey donegal suit coming in the RTW collection very soon...
🙈 You’ve just made someone happy with this news. Precisely what I wanted ! Thanks for sharing 🙏🏻🤐

garigo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with their trench coats? From the pictures online they seem to nail all the details. It's worth noting they are made in Romania, unlike most of the other coats.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with their trench coats? From the pictures online they seem to nail all the details. It's worth noting they are made in Romania, unlike most of the other coats.
I got this one from their first archive sale a couple years ago so I'm not sure if it is exactly the same as the ones they make now but I really like it. It has 2 way storm pockets and the inside pocket sacks are really large. Pretty much the quintessential trench coat. Also for what its worth mine is made in France.

Attachments

• f52632d5c564871096c150627204ae0e.png
    f52632d5c564871096c150627204ae0e.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 232

trilliamwallace

Reaction score
Having a similar experience. Commissioned a suit in Paris mid-September and have had a hard time reaching them. I emailed through their website and replied to a previous thread I had going where I set up the appointment and got no reply. I finally called them and they were having trouble locating my order and they asked to send them an email (I think there were some translation / verbal communications issues). I sent an email to the account they gave me and it bounced ([email protected] - if anyone knows they use a different format let me know!). Finally emailed through [email protected] which is the email that was listed in their newsletter. Then 20 minutes later I got a text from them saying they expect to receive the suit end of November. Agree that their operations could use some help, and given they just opened another shop in Paris I assume they're generally busy. Fingers crossed that my suit actually arrives....

Hi folks, just thought I'd follow up on this one - tl;dr I have my suit and it's pretty close to perfect! Heading to the tailor to have the trousers hemmed and then I'll post some pics here as well.

About 5 days after this post I received a text message from Husbands saying they received my order. About a day later I received an email from the customer support email giving me the correct email address of the tailor I worked with (Igor) and confirming receipt of my suit. I followed up indicating that I would like the suit shipped to me in SF and they got right to work - it shipped out via UPS the next day. 4 days and a hefty surprise import duty (~$300!) later, I was trying on my first Husband commission.

I was in need of a new 'basic' navy suit, so I went with a fairly standard 2 button, 2 vent model with wide lapels (the 'Ferry' cut) paired tapered, pleated, high-waisted trousers in a medium-navy 3 seasons fabric. The fabric has a nice texture and the color is perfect to wear the jacket separately with grey trousers or jeans and not look out of place. The light padding in the shoulders looks especially good with the jacket unbuttoned, and the length and drape are really nice - definitely a touch more character than the standard slim silhouette that's the norm today.

One surprise is that the wide 11cm lapels seem much less dramatic than I remember, especially when wearing the suit buttoned. Not sure if I've desensitized myself to the look, it it's got something to do with the darkness of the suit that makes it stand out less, if I'm going crazy, or if there was a actually a mistake. I have reached out to clarify, but the response stated that it is based off of the 'medium wide glue' (I assume glue is a translation mix-up). I didn't realize a 'medium wide' size existed, so have reached back out to confirm. The tag does indeed say Ferry and the lapels are wider than my other suits, but the pocket flaps measure the same 6cm as in the regular lapel model so I'm not really sure what's right here. If any other folks have wide notch lapel models, I'd love to get a sense of a) what the minimum distance between the end of the lapel and the shoulder seam is, and b) how much of the chest pocket the lapel covers when buttoned.

At any rate, aside from this confusion the fit of both the jacket and the trousers is perfect. The pants came with unfinished hems, so I will get those fixed tomorrow. I also need to decide whether or not I'll go with a cuffed hem. Normally I go with a substantial 2" cuff, but I do like how Husband styles their suits with boots, so I'm considering trying out an uncuffed pant and seeing if I can pull the suit + boot look off. Happy to answer any questions.
unnamed (8).jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One surprise is that the wide 11cm lapels seem much less dramatic than I remember, especially when wearing the suit buttoned. Not sure if I've desensitized myself to the look, it it's got something to do with the darkness of the suit that makes it stand out less, if I'm going crazy, or if there was a actually a mistake. I have reached out to clarify, but the response stated that it is based off of the 'medium wide glue' (I assume glue is a translation mix-up). I didn't realize a 'medium wide' size existed, so have reached back out to confirm. The tag does indeed say Ferry and the lapels are wider than my other suits, but the pocket flaps measure the same 6cm as in the regular lapel model so I'm not really sure what's right here. If any other folks have wide notch lapel models, I'd love to get a sense of a) what the minimum distance between the end of the lapel and the shoulder seam is, and b) how much of the chest pocket the lapel covers when buttoned.

At any rate, aside from this confusion the fit of both the jacket and the trousers is perfect. The pants came with unfinished hems, so I will get those fixed tomorrow. I also need to decide whether or not I'll go with a cuffed hem. Normally I go with a substantial 2" cuff, but I do like how Husband styles their suits with boots, so I'm considering trying out an uncuffed pant and seeing if I can pull the suit + boot look off. Happy to answer any questions.
Interesting. This is my RTW suit and the lapels and pocket flaps definitely look larger than yours. My lapels measure 12.5 cm down the gorge seam between the collar and lapel and my pocket flaps are 7.5 cm vertically. But I like how yours look.

personally went with the uncuffed trousers but if you’re in doubt, go cuffed first. You can always convert to uncuffed later but not the other way around.
image.jpg

Autre Vue

Reaction score
One surprise is that the wide 11cm lapels seem much less dramatic than I remember, especially when wearing the suit buttoned. Not sure if I've desensitized myself to the look, it it's got something to do with the darkness of the suit that makes it stand out less, if I'm going crazy, or if there was a actually a mistake. I have reached out to clarify, but the response stated that it is based off of the 'medium wide glue' (I assume glue is a translation mix-up).

Igor is a good dude, he doesn't speak much English and my French isn't perfect so I feel like we've had some funny conversations but he goes easy on me. Anyway I think what he meant to say was "Col moyen large" which is literally medium wide collar, but "col" also sounds like "colle" which means glue so that's probably where the mixup is.

Curious to see how to trousers look as I also decided to go with a single pleat trouser with a cuff for my current order, albeit with the flare. I realized I'd never even seen a pair of their pleated trousers before, kinda just went sight unseen as it felt right with the style of suit.

Also what fabric did you go with? The texture does look quite nice, seems like it's a navy that's a bit marled?

trilliamwallace

Reaction score
Igor is a good dude, he doesn't speak much English and my French isn't perfect so I feel like we've had some funny conversations but he goes easy on me. Anyway I think what he meant to say was "Col moyen large" which is literally medium wide collar, but "col" also sounds like "colle" which means glue so that's probably where the mixup is.

Curious to see how to trousers look as I also decided to go with a single pleat trouser with a cuff for my current order, albeit with the flare. I realized I'd never even seen a pair of their pleated trousers before, kinda just went sight unseen as it felt right with the style of suit.

Also what fabric did you go with? The texture does look quite nice, seems like it's a navy that's a bit marled?

The fabric is a solid navy fresco that's a nice medium weight. The marl you're seeing is just the fact that I need to use a lint roller on the jacket : ) The pleated trousers I'm really excited about. It's a pretty understated pleat that I think will look nice with the tapered leg. Probably going with a cuff to complement that look.

Given you're experience with the label, I'm curious as to your thoughts on my lapel issue. Still haven't received a reply beyond the medium wide comment, in which case I'd be a bit disappointed if they switched it from the wide lapel without asking me. I've been excited about this suit for a while, and the wide lapels was a big selling point.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Given you're experience with the label, I'm curious as to your thoughts on my lapel issue. Still haven't received a reply beyond the medium wide comment, in which case I'd be a bit disappointed if they switched it from the wide lapel without asking me. I've been excited about this suit for a while, and the wide lapels was a big selling point.

I was under the impression there were 3 widths to single breasted jackets, the narrow notch, the medium-wide notch, and the widest which is a peak lapel. I don't think I've seen a lapel wider than the medium-wide 11cm one. I think breakaway's measurement is not standard way of measuring (across the gorge seam), but should be measured at the widest point, perpendicularly from the lapel fold at the chest. It should measure around 11cm thereabouts.

It also would be good to know what size you both take, as the apparent width difference between the two jackets could be a difference in sizes, hence different shoulder measurements. For example I take the narrower lapel but my jacket size is the smallest they make, so compared to the website pictures mine don't appear very narrow.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression there were 3 widths to single breasted jackets, the narrow notch, the medium-wide notch, and the widest which is a peak lapel. I don't think I've seen a lapel wider than the medium-wide 11cm one. I think breakaway's measurement is not standard way of measuring (across the gorge seam), but should be measured at the widest point, perpendicularly from the lapel fold at the chest. It should measure around 11cm thereabouts.

It also would be good to know what size you both take, as the apparent width difference between the two jackets could be a difference in sizes, hence different shoulder measurements. For example I take the narrower lapel but my jacket size is the smallest they make, so compared to the website pictures mine don't appear very narrow.
If I measure as you describe my lapel is 10.5 cm for a 48EU jacket.

Are the widths a function of the model, or can one order a model with a different width (e.g. Morrissey with a wider lapel, or Ferry with a narrower lapel?).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads