• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So if Morrissey is the original model then it’s the before wider lapel center vent one? How many mode do they have by the way?

Cobra

Reaction score
So if Morrissey is the original model then it’s the before wider lapel center vent one? How many mode do they have by the way?

There's the Morrissey (regular sized notch lapel), the Ferry (wide notch lapel), and the Jagger (Double breasted peak lapel). There's like more styles, but I guess we'll have to keep buying to find out.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup @Autre Vue . So glad your brother found what he was looking for. Would you be able to tell whether any of the RTW jackets on their site use the Morrissey cut? Curious to see what it looks like. Also, did you make an appointment for the fitting or did you just walk in? I will be in Paris in August and am planning to visit.

I am pretty sure this and this are both the Morrissey+Delon combination, as they are both the closest to what my brother had tried on. This is probably a variation on the Morrissey as well, but with patch pockets. He actually did try on a jacket with wider lapel, which Nicolas offered just out of curiosity, and not surprisingly it was too forward for my brother. I loved it. Didn't catch the name of that model though.

And yes I did make an appointment with Nicolas by email before making the visit, which I had sent a week in advance just to give him time to reply as I'm sure he's inundated with emails. I imagine giving the shop a call a few days before couldn't also work. Do make sure they are open in August though and not off for the summer holidays, as a lot of independent shops do take them. If I end up going this week to pick up my last commission, I'll try to remember to ask.

Wonderful report! Out of curiosity, which was the third option?

The third option was Maison Gabriel on Rue du Mont Thabor. I've heard good things about them and a friend had ordered a suit from them that looked quite nice, and I believe the price points are similar. But I was a little hesitant to recommend them as I haven't had any personal experience and am not a huge fan of their style, but I thought I ought to have another option for my brother. Thankfully I didn't need one.

I didn't really get any names of other models, just the Morrissey jacket and Delon trousers, which according to Nicolas was the original house cut suit. The wide lapel with center vent combination seems to only appear in the odd jackets of the RTW, from the earlier models up until the striped ivory jacket in the latest collection. It's a beautiful piece by the way, and one of the factors that pushed my brother to choose Husbands for his wedding suit. It's also a wool-silk-linen blend, super light and airy, perfect for the summer yet you don't lose any of the sharpness of a Husbands jacket. A very cool looking American gentleman actually came into the shop and walked out with one, which I guess also proves that you can buy RTW directly from the boutique.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the wide lapel center vent stuff different than say what Tom Ford do?

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Is the wide lapel center vent stuff different than say what Tom Ford do?

Not sure how much I can comment on the difference as my only experience with Tom Ford tailoring was when I had the seasonal collections on set for photo shoots and it's been a while since I had any, but from what I remember they always seemed very British in their padding and always seemed a tad too long. The single breasted jackets also always seemed to have a ticket pocket which seems to be a TF signature, but I've never been a fan of those. Plus they're probably more than twice the price.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just mean aesthetic, guess will have to compare side by side, pretty sure Windsor won't be same but say something like Shelton might be similar to the wider lapel one husband paris has (except I would guess Shelton would still have wider shoulder and probably longer body?)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes I did make an appointment with Nicolas by email before making the visit, which I had sent a week in advance just to give him time to reply as I'm sure he's inundated with emails. I imagine giving the shop a call a few days before couldn't also work. Do make sure they are open in August though and not off for the summer holidays, as a lot of independent shops do take them. If I end up going this week to pick up my last commission, I'll try to remember to ask.

Thank you! I sent them an email and they responded within hours (which is already a significant improvement from my last attempt to contact them in the spring) that they will be open Mon-Sat 1200-1800 throughout August except for August 15th.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, more picture would definitely be very helpful

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for my poor quality photos - my phone has been underwater a few too many times.

'Jarvis Style 5' - fairly wide notch lapels, patch pockets, single vent. Only style I've seen with single vent. IMG_20220705_122413537.jpg IMG_20220705_122433991.jpg IMG_20220705_122446548.jpg

Gainsbourg (left) and Jagger (right) - Gainsbourg has wider lapels and fits a little bigger overall. Definitely not as slim as Jagger. Both Jackets are size 46.
IMG_20220705_164531600.jpg IMG_20220705_164639820.jpg

Morrissey (left) vs. Ferry (right) - From first glance fairly similar models. Ferry has taller pocket flaps and wider notch lapels. Morrissey is cut slightly slimmer overall. Both jackets are size 48.
IMG_20220705_164859154.jpg IMG_20220705_164908407.jpg IMG_20220705_164944953.jpg

'Gillespie2F' - From a suit from Husbands 05, this one came with flared pants. Very wide peak lapels. 70s style.
IMG_20220705_165353585.jpg IMG_20220705_165431509.jpg

Bonus Ferry style jackets in corduroy with patch pockets, every other detail appears the same as the grey wool one above.
IMG_20220705_170746008.jpg

Various jackets with no style name on the label:

I purchased these two in 2019 as suits from Boys Don't Cry Paris. They still have them up on their website. The navy chalkstripe fits like a Jagger and the tan mohair/wool blend fits in between a Morrissey and a Ferry.
IMG_20220705_165950296.jpg

Left is my first linen jacket. 1 button, peak lapels, patch pockets. I got it second hand from a Japanese store. Right is my first jacket ever from Husbands. I got it in 2019 via bank transfer. They re-released it a couple years ago as 'Husbands signature no. 2'. The material is the 'Dymchurch' Tweed from Romney Tweed. It's cut a lot longer than every other jacket.
IMG_20220705_170036241.jpg

I have a couple more Ferry jackets but didn't photo them as there is no discernible difference between them and the grey wool one above aside from material. Hopefully this all formatted correctly. Cheers :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20220705_170036241.jpg
    IMG_20220705_170036241.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 187

Autre Vue

Reaction score
just mean aesthetic, guess will have to compare side by side, pretty sure Windsor won't be same but say something like Shelton might be similar to the wider lapel one husband paris has (except I would guess Shelton would still have wider shoulder and probably longer body?)

I really don’t try think I’ll be much help with this one, as my only experience has been shooting the seasonal TF collections for magazine editorials so I don’t think I ever saw any of the classic models, but my recollection has always just been that they felt overly long and structured.

Apologies in advance for my poor quality photos - my phone has been underwater a few too many times.

'Jarvis Style 5' - fairly wide notch lapels, patch pockets, single vent. Only style I've seen with single vent. View attachment 1809700 View attachment 1809701 View attachment 1809702

Gainsbourg (left) and Jagger (right) - Gainsbourg has wider lapels and fits a little bigger overall. Definitely not as slim as Jagger. Both Jackets are size 46.
View attachment 1809705 View attachment 1809706

Morrissey (left) vs. Ferry (right) - From first glance fairly similar models. Ferry has taller pocket flaps and wider notch lapels. Morrissey is cut slightly slimmer overall. Both jackets are size 48.
View attachment 1809711 View attachment 1809712 View attachment 1809713

'Gillespie2F' - From a suit from Husbands 05, this one came with flared pants. Very wide peak lapels. 70s style.
View attachment 1809720 View attachment 1809721

Bonus Ferry style jackets in corduroy with patch pockets, every other detail appears the same as the grey wool one above.
View attachment 1809722

I purchased these two in 2019 as suits from Boys Don't Cry Paris. They still have them up on their website. The navy chalkstripe fits like a Jagger and the tan mohair/wool blend fits in between a Morrissey and a Ferry.
View attachment 1809726

Left is my first linen jacket. 1 button, peak lapels, patch pockets. I got it second hand from a Japanese store. Right is my first jacket ever from Husbands. I got it in 2019 via bank transfer. They re-released it a couple years ago as 'Husbands signature no. 2'. The material is the 'Dymchurch' Tweed from Romney Tweed. It's cut a lot longer than every other jacket.
View attachment 1809730

I have a couple more Ferry jackets but didn't photo them as there is no discernible difference between them and the grey wool one above aside from material. Hopefully this all formatted correctly. Cheers :cool:

This is great, thanks for posting these. I had no idea all of them even had individual models names, whenever I had conversations with someone on the team it was always just referencing lapel width or kinds of pockets or the number of vents, so I’m thinking the model names are more of an internal system or for dealing with the manufacturer. But it’s nice to have this clearly laid out for anyone who’s looking to make a special order and reference a specific model, or wants to mix and match details from different models. That’s really where the fun starts.

MStock

Reaction score
Any experience with their footwear? I purchased a pair of light brown boots advertised as having a stacked leather heel. Upon some wearing the supposed “stack leather heel” turned out to be a solid block of wood with a leather veneer. Really disappointed with the team, not answering when I asked for a partial refund, since what I ordered wasn’t what I received.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Any experience with their footwear? I purchased a pair of light brown boots advertised as having a stacked leather heel. Upon some wearing the supposed “stack leather heel” turned out to be a solid block of wood with a leather veneer. Really disappointed with the team, not answering when I asked for a partial refund, since what I ordered wasn’t what I received.
I have two pairs of loafers that I like very much. Also just picked up the cracked patent boots on the restock but haven't worn them yet. Did you get the brown boots recently? They've been out of stock on the web store for over a year.

blondieface

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a suit from Husbands last week. Specifically, their black Fresco Suit:

It's truly a phenomenal suit, but it unfortunately doesn't fit. (The shoulders/chest) area is a bit tight, as I have a bit of a barrel chest.

I was planning to return it to them - already contacted them, and they're happy to accept a return - but the return shipping cost is quite expensive. Not to mention that fact that I paid import/customs fees for it - I live in New York - and getting a refund on the customs fees is an awful, bureaucratic nightmare.

So: Would anyone like to buy it? It's in a Size 42.

Do let me know ASAP, as I reckon I ought to mail it back to them by the end of the week.

Ajmal amin

Reaction score

'Jarvis Style 5' - fairly wide notch lapels, patch pockets, single vent. Only style I've seen with single vent. View attachment 1809700 View attachment 1809701 View attachment 1809702

View attachment 1809705 View attachment 1809706

View attachment 1809711 View attachment 1809712 View attachment 1809713

View attachment 1809720 View attachment 1809721

View attachment 1809722

View attachment 1809726

View attachment 1809730

Hi there, I am new to this forum, just came across your garments, and was wondering if you are looking to sell any of them, or know of anyone selling any husbands items, I am a size 46-48.

Thank you,

Ajmal amin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads