• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
think any bolder color/pattern works, would call this husband paris inspired (actually TF jacket with rrl jeans) this is with black jeans

kid1002

Reaction score
think any bolder color/pattern works, would call this husband paris inspired (actually TF jacket with rrl jeans) this is with black jeans

Very nice... Very nice indeed. The jacket looks impeccable on you, too!

kylepw

Reaction score
I am rather intrigued by the flared black corduroy trousers offered by Husbands.

Any ideas on how would one pair jackets with black cords? It all looks very rock and Parisian chic to me, but I'm wondering if there are guidelines that one can follow to complete the look with black cords as trousers.
I'm sure Husbands has some stuff in a lookbook but a monochrome look would work. Black leather jacket, white or black printed tee/BD, grey's. Black leather shoes. I'd stay away from colors like orange, red, etc unless they're dull enough. Might turn into a pumpkin or other character. Here's one with a brown jacket and white shirt.
Screenshot_20220509-002117.png

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!
In a day or so I'll be getting measured at Husbands for a new suit. So if there are any questions you'd like for me to ask, I'd be more than happy to do so and report back!
Great! Look forward to hearing your report.
Three questions I have off the top of my head:
1. The OTR jackets seem to have either 3.3” or 4.5” lapels. Anything in between for MTM (say around 3.75”)?
2. Once they have your measurements, can you just order additional items over email or phone?
3. What fabrics do they have access to?
Thanks again!

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Hello!
In a day or so I'll be getting measured at Husbands for a new suit. So if there are any questions you'd like for me to ask, I'd be more than happy to do so and report back!
Please ask when they will restock their boots. Crackled patent buckle and brown leather buckle models. Thanks in advance!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Were you able to visit Husbands after all? Would love to hear any updates. Thank you!

hitthefloor

Reaction score
Jarvis Cocker confirmed Husbands customer. Must be easy to see yourself in the clothes when they cite you as a direct reference!

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 11.46.42.png

marmite

Reaction score
I visited Husbands store several days ago to see if their patterns fit me. I was a little bit cautious because it seemed to me from the pictures that the suits were cut for people of narrow build. However, after trying the jackets they had for display, I'd say that at least one model looked great on me and I'll come back to get measured for a suit next time I'm in Paris.

From what I understood (but please don't take my word for granted, I could've misunderstood), they have three different cuts of jackets ranging from standard to the more flamboyant we see in the pictures. Current production time is 8 weeks.

3. What fabrics do they have access to?
I'd definitely check with them for the first two questions. As for the fabrics, I remember seeing Fox Brothers swatches for sure and some other popular British mills.

Please ask when they will restock their boots. Crackled patent buckle and brown leather buckle models. Thanks in advance!
I asked because I was also interested in the patent buckles. I was told that they ordered new stock which should arrive in two weeks.

pwc008

Reaction score
Thank you for the Husbands info. Wife and I will be in Paris in August and I like the look of their suits A LOT. Looking forward to finding the cut that best fits me. Really like the 70's vibe of some of them, though it somewhat kills me to say that....

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I thought I would just do an update of another great Husbands experience, not for me but for my youngest brother who was in town for business and wanted to get a suit for his destination wedding at the end of the year. As he is not much of a clotheshorse (he works in a corporate environment with shockingly lax dress code), I took the lead and proposed three places for him to check out. The first was off the rack suit from Fursac (formerly de Fursac), which has gotten much more interesting under the new creative direction of Gauthier Borsarello. I thought there were some generally nice options in their Smokings range, there was really nothing appropriate for a tropical beach wedding, except maybe the green seersucker stripe or a pale yellow linen suit, both of which would not fly with his fiancé.

We moved on to the second option, Husbands, which I was almost sure would be too fashion-forward for my normally conservative brother. Suffice it so say, we never made it to the third option. He was charmed by the store and Nicolas himself, who very kindly took the time to explain the quality difference between the Husbands product and many of the off the rack suiting that my brother was accustomed to, which is basically just fast fashion. My brother has the unfortunate combination of being a skeptic and a penny-pincher and has quite the poker face, which he kept on during Nicolas' explanation of fused vs full-canvas (complete with a dissected front panel of a suit for reference), so it was nice to see his entire demeanour change when he finally got to try on a fitting sample. Nicolas very clearly explained how the fitting sample would be the closest we would get to the ideal size, with slight adjustments to things like the jacket's back length (my brother needed 2cm shorter than the fitting jacket), or the leg width of the trousers in relation to the waist (my brother has been doing way too many squats). Nicolas even had him wear a pair of the Husbands loafers instead of his sneakers, so it was easier to visualize the complete look. And even with the necessary changes to the fit here and there, he was surprised how well he looked in the mirror. It was the first canvas suit he had ever tried on, the first ever pair of high-waist trousers, and through his eyes I was seeing the transformative power of a good suit. He kept asking me to take pictures of him in the mirror, it was quite endearing actually.

In the end we went with the most classic Husbands silhouette, the classic Morissey-fit jacket with the Delon slim-straight trousers. Apparently the Morrissey was Nicolas' first ever design, the one where he spent the most time perfecting the proportions, where he found the ideal balance between the shoulder, the lapel, and the shirt collar, where everything is harmonious and the design almost disappears. The attention of the viewer is then not directed to the suit, but to the person wearing it. I found the explanation quite poetic, but also a genius piece of design.

Fabric selection was another hurdle I expected to face as my brother is also very indecisive (he's a very "I don't know what I like until I see it" kind of person), but thankfully we found a beautiful Loro Piana wool-silk-linen blend in cream herringbone that he became enamoured with, with a Huddersfield 9oz worsted in cream as a back-up in case the Loro Piana was unavailable. Nicolas did inform us that the Loro Piana fabric option will have an additional surcharge, which my brother was ok with since it would be at most an extra hundred Euros. He had drunk the Husbands Kool-Aid at this point, which I was pretty pleased with.

Due to the summer holidays in Europe, we expect the suit to be ready by end of September/beginning of October, which I will pick up here in Paris and bring over to Singapore on a scheduled business trip at the end of October, with enough time for any extra alterations that need to be done by a local tailor. More than enough time for his January wedding, so no last minute surprises.

For shoes we went to a great little shop on the left bank called Jacques Solovière, and found really lightweight unlined suede Belgian loafer in a light beige/sand colour. They're having their summer sales in-store and online right now, so we were able to get 20% off the already very attractive retail price. And for the shirt (sans-tie), he unfortunately drew the line at getting one bespoke at Courtot, only because his fiancé apparently has a colour scheme in mind that she has yet to finalize. I shudder at the thought of this. Oh well, I guess Courtot will have to wait until his next wedding 😝

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Ah yes and I forgot to mention, to those I saw asking: Husbands currently has a full size run of the zip boots and the buckle loafers, and number of sizes of the cracked-leather buckle boots back in stock, but going fast. So if you were looking for any of these, now's your chance.

Personally I am still waiting for the block heel horsebit loafers to be produced, which Nicolas assures it will eventually, fingers-crossed.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup @Autre Vue . So glad your brother found what he was looking for. Would you be able to tell whether any of the RTW jackets on their site use the Morrissey cut? Curious to see what it looks like. Also, did you make an appointment for the fitting or did you just walk in? I will be in Paris in August and am planning to visit.

Last edited:

Cobra

Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup @Autre Vue . So glad your brother found what he was looking for. Would you be able to tell whether any of the RTW jackets on their site use the Morrissey cut? Curious to see what it looks like. Also, did you make a reservation or did you just walk in? I will be in Paris in August and am planning to visit.

I don't have it in my possession yet, but I purchased the Seersucker jacket from SSENSE which they said is a Morrissey. I also own the Signature Tweed No.2 jacket, which describes it as a Ferry.

Last edited:

garigo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I thought I would just do an update of another great Husbands experience, not for me but for my youngest brother who was in town for business and wanted to get a suit for his destination wedding at the end of the year. As he is not much of a clotheshorse (he works in a corporate environment with shockingly lax dress code), I took the lead and proposed three places for him to check out. The first was off the rack suit from Fursac (formerly de Fursac), which has gotten much more interesting under the new creative direction of Gauthier Borsarello. I thought there were some generally nice options in their Smokings range, there was really nothing appropriate for a tropical beach wedding, except maybe the green seersucker stripe or a pale yellow linen suit, both of which would not fly with his fiancé.

We moved on to the second option, Husbands, which I was almost sure would be too fashion-forward for my normally conservative brother. Suffice it so say, we never made it to the third option. He was charmed by the store and Nicolas himself, who very kindly took the time to explain the quality difference between the Husbands product and many of the off the rack suiting that my brother was accustomed to, which is basically just fast fashion. My brother has the unfortunate combination of being a skeptic and a penny-pincher and has quite the poker face, which he kept on during Nicolas' explanation of fused vs full-canvas (complete with a dissected front panel of a suit for reference), so it was nice to see his entire demeanour change when he finally got to try on a fitting sample. Nicolas very clearly explained how the fitting sample would be the closest we would get to the ideal size, with slight adjustments to things like the jacket's back length (my brother needed 2cm shorter than the fitting jacket), or the leg width of the trousers in relation to the waist (my brother has been doing way too many squats). Nicolas even had him wear a pair of the Husbands loafers instead of his sneakers, so it was easier to visualize the complete look. And even with the necessary changes to the fit here and there, he was surprised how well he looked in the mirror. It was the first canvas suit he had ever tried on, the first ever pair of high-waist trousers, and through his eyes I was seeing the transformative power of a good suit. He kept asking me to take pictures of him in the mirror, it was quite endearing actually.

In the end we went with the most classic Husbands silhouette, the classic Morissey-fit jacket with the Delon slim-straight trousers. Apparently the Morrissey was Nicolas' first ever design, the one where he spent the most time perfecting the proportions, where he found the ideal balance between the shoulder, the lapel, and the shirt collar, where everything is harmonious and the design almost disappears. The attention of the viewer is then not directed to the suit, but to the person wearing it. I found the explanation quite poetic, but also a genius piece of design.

Fabric selection was another hurdle I expected to face as my brother is also very indecisive (he's a very "I don't know what I like until I see it" kind of person), but thankfully we found a beautiful Loro Piana wool-silk-linen blend in cream herringbone that he became enamoured with, with a Huddersfield 9oz worsted in cream as a back-up in case the Loro Piana was unavailable. Nicolas did inform us that the Loro Piana fabric option will have an additional surcharge, which my brother was ok with since it would be at most an extra hundred Euros. He had drunk the Husbands Kool-Aid at this point, which I was pretty pleased with.

Due to the summer holidays in Europe, we expect the suit to be ready by end of September/beginning of October, which I will pick up here in Paris and bring over to Singapore on a scheduled business trip at the end of October, with enough time for any extra alterations that need to be done by a local tailor. More than enough time for his January wedding, so no last minute surprises.

For shoes we went to a great little shop on the left bank called Jacques Solovière, and found really lightweight unlined suede Belgian loafer in a light beige/sand colour. They're having their summer sales in-store and online right now, so we were able to get 20% off the already very attractive retail price. And for the shirt (sans-tie), he unfortunately drew the line at getting one bespoke at Courtot, only because his fiancé apparently has a colour scheme in mind that she has yet to finalize. I shudder at the thought of this. Oh well, I guess Courtot will have to wait until his next wedding 😝
Wonderful report! Out of curiosity, which was the third option?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics