Hurry, Hurry, Xmas is coming!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rnoldh, Aug 18, 2006.

1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That would look nice with a dinner suit.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

A 38 in that has been on eBay forever. That, or there are several of the same size floating around. It may become the new Lobb boots in terms of unsellable high-end merchandise.

4. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

A 38 in that has been on eBay forever. That, or there are several of the same size floating around. It may become the new Lobb boots in terms of unsellable high-end merchandise.

Nah!, the Lobbs are "Priceless, Museum quality", according to their seller vote4tom! This gorgeous RLPL coat is just "Couture Buffoon quality"!

BTW: Aren't you a 38R Doc? Xmas is coming![​IMG]

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

I'd wear it. Seriously. It's got a bit of sixties' swinging about it - there's a mod/teddy boy vibe. Not at all at that price, though. [​IMG]

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Also, I trust that seller about as far as I could throw him. I've heard a LOT of bad things about "brandmaniac." Plus, many of his auctions have totally false/inflated retail prices.

On a side note, is it usual for RLPL to have price tags that say "RL POLO?" I've not got any RLPL, so I'm not sure. It just may be that I'm LOOKING for things to think negatively of this seller, but that strikes me as odd that it is a Polo tag on an RLPL item.

John

7. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Also, I trust that seller about as far as I could throw him. I've heard a LOT of bad things about "brandmaniac." Plus, many of his auctions have totally false/inflated retail prices.

On a side note, is it usual for RLPL to have price tags that say "RL POLO?" I've not got any RLPL, so I'm not sure. It just may be that I'm LOOKING for things to think negatively of this seller, but that strikes me as odd that it is a Polo tag on an RLPL item.

John

This coat is so ugly, I highly doubt it is a fake. Even counterfeiters have a little sense and some honor. Why not spend their time faking RLPL's that are more desirable!

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

This coat is so ugly, I highly doubt it is a fake. Even counterfeiters have a little sense and some honor. Why not spend their time faking RLPL's that are more desirable!

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the coat was fake. Rather, only that I wouldn't trust the retail price quoted by this seller and that I wouldn't put it past him to put the wrong price tag onto a coat in order to inflate the retail. If I recall correctly, most of the issues with the seller that I remember hearing (and I think there was once an AAAC thread about him passing off Zegna fabric suits as real Zegna) were with attitude/customer service, misleading auctions, and inflated retail prices. To my knowledge all of his items are real (so far as I know).

John

10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Put me in the "wear it" category.

11. creat3cp

creat3cp Well-Known Member

More for the older guy....count me out....[​IMG]

12. DocHolliday

13. abc123

abc123 Senior member

I'd wear it, but only for the week around Christmas.

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I'd buy it for $7 at a thrift store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3800-VERSACE...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, and here's a nice suit you can wear under the overcoat. From the same great seller brandmaniac! The suit's not worth $7 at a thrift store. Maybe worth $5! You have got to admit, anyone wearing the Xmas overcoat and this suit would be making quite a statement. And that statement is.......

15. DocHolliday

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3800-VERSACE...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, and here's a nice suit you can wear under the overcoat. From the same great seller brandmaniac! The suit's not worth $7 at a thrift store. Maybe worth $5! You have got to admit, anyone wearing the Xmas overcoat and this suit would be making quite a statement. And that statement is.......

[​IMG]