1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hugo boss suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heynow, Jun 12, 2008.

1. heynow

heynow Senior member

My local macys has a couple nice hugo boss suits in my size on clearance for $199. They are made in the USA. Is this a good deal and are these quality?

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

It is a good deal. They aren't particularly good quality. If the fit is good, buy it as a beater.

3. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

That's pretty good deal. Make sure you get the suit that fits!

4. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Good deal... It will be hard to find anything better for that price.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Good deal, not the best quality but good enough for the asking price. Make sure it fits well.

6. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

As has already been stated many times, $199 is a good deal for those suits, especially if you can wear them fine off the rack.

7. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

Say, which Macy's is this? $200 is a very good deal.

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Ripoff at MSRP. Killer deal at $200. The fact that they are at a B&M location makes the deal sweeter since you can try them on before buying.

9. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

Buy it if it's not already gone.

10. heynow

heynow Senior member

My local macys has a couple nice hugo boss suits in my size on clearance for $199. They are made in the USA. Is this a good deal and are these quality?

I picked it up today $199 + Tax. thoughts? Pants already dropped at tailor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jyook

jyook Senior member

I always see Boss suits on sale at an Off 5th store near me for ~$200 to ~$300... I would buy them since I'm now on a budget but those suits seem to never fit my body correctly... Ever...

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

If it fits you well, you got a fantastic deal at $200.

13. neato

neato Senior member

I love the way Hugo Boss fits my body. The suits may be overpriced for the level of quality, but I still love the fit. I'm 6'4" @ 170 lbs (ridiculously tall and thin) so Hugo Boss is a generally a good fit for me (that goes for suits, sport shirts, etc.).

Having said that, I've seen that exact same suit at Barney's for $500. You definitely got a good deal. However, I don't like the pinstripes.....they are too loud. They scream "cheap lawyer." I wouldn't be able to wear that to work.

If you got the suit for going out, then your purchase is awesome. I just don't think the loud pinstripes are conservative enough for an office environment.

....ehh, what do I know? In the end, if you like the suit, you made the right decision.

14. Matt

Matt Senior member

If it fits you well, you got a fantastic deal at $200.
    +1. I'd be happy with that.

15. suitforcourt

suitforcourt Senior member

I have about 10 Hugo Boss suits in my inventory.

I bought a few at their outlet store in Buffalo and Woodbury Commons ranging from $199 to $300 plus taxes.

The rest I bought in Canada at different outlets and stores ranging from $199 to $600.

At this point, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a Hugo Boss suit. They use nicer fabrics than other fused suits like Hilfiger or Calvin Klein. But Boss can't really compete with the likes of Zegna or Canali in terms of overall quality, look and fit.

NEVER ever pay full price for Hugo Boss!

16. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Why is it a ripoff at MSRP? What isn't a ripoff at MSRP? It's not like they're priced with fully canvassed suits or anything. If they are a ripoff at MSRP, then everyone is a ripoff at MSRP. I don't necessarily disagree, but you make it sound like it's different than the others. Everyone is priced too high!

17. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

It's a great deal.

But please remember to wear your suit with the sleeve tags on.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  18. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Dude, you are replying to a guy's comment from 4 years ago! I would be extremely suprised if he even remembers writing it.

Boss is an easy target, big brand name but with many of its subdivisions lacking in quality. People forget they make half decent stuff in their two Selection lines. But who cares, most of us connoisseur's would go for bigger fish and overlook anything Boss related.

19. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

:embar:, someone else bumped it and I just assumed... haha. I still stand by my statement because I hear this often on here. I don't think Boss' retail is overpriced...sure, I wouldn't pay their retail or even wear the stuff, but Armani's retail is overpriced because you could buy better stuff for cheaper.

20. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

:lol:, it is funny though, figured you did not look at date of post ;) .