• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss suit

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i also know that buying boss suits at 500 dollars is still too much because i heard that the suits dont dry clean well due to the fused construction. so maybe after 4 or 5 dry cleans it may be unwearable , but for the moment the suit does look and wear nice.

HB suits are no better or worse than any other fused suits when it comes to dry cleaning, in my opinion any way. I've had a charcoal HB suit for years that has been dry cleaned more than a half dozen times and there is absolutely no sign of the glue creating problems.

Luck of the draw I guess and how much you're willing to pay is a function of what the suit is worth to you compared to others.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Great purchase Diorshoe!

The SF mantra of fused suits is really getting played out....for $140 it shouldnt even be an issue. I sold a HB suit on ebay for more than $140 so I def think you could turn it around for a profit if you chose to do so next year or two. And I also have a fused suit since 1994 that I still wear and has been dry cleaned the most of all my suits and it is still in perfect condition. Don't believe the hype

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with the cut at that price. Off Fifth here in Tucson had a nice linen HB suit for 199. Cut was as boxy as every other Boss suits I have seen though so I passed
frown.gif

As for the whole fused thing, if I were paying retail or if I were looking for a nice workhorse to keep for decades I would factor that in. But for $140...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
thanks gentlemen. ok, that is good to know that it was exxagerated, but it may be the dry cleaners you have.
i will have to decide for myself which one is better, the korean dry cleaner down the street from me, the korean dry cleaner at the plaza, or the korean dry cleaner on fairview.
oh well , at least they all have one thing in common.
the cut on this looks slimming, so that is why im keeping this. alhtough it is surprising to know you can sell a boss suit for 150 on ebay! knowing there are kitons and oxxfords selling that much. iguess it is because the ebay public has heard of the name hugo boss, while kiton and oxxford may be a little more obscure.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I really like that color, how heavy is the cloth ?
+1 on the color (at least as it appears on my monitor)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i will have to decide for myself which one is better, the korean dry cleaner down the street from me, the korean dry cleaner at the plaza, or the korean dry cleaner on fairview.

hey, your dry cleaner is Korean too?? go figure.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Gianluca for $400 and an Etro for $350 and though both are fused, they look great and add variety to my wardrobe. I don't make it a habit of indulging in fashion suits, but once in a while something catches my fancy and it's on deep discount, so I'll pull the trigger.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
The SF mantra of fused suits is really getting played out....for $140 it shouldnt even be an issue.
hammer.jpg

Avers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Great purchase Diorshoe!

The SF mantra of fused suits is really getting played out....for $140 it shouldnt even be an issue. I sold a HB suit on ebay for more than $140 so I def think you could turn it around for a profit if you chose to do so next year or two. And I also have a fused suit since 1994 that I still wear and has been dry cleaned the most of all my suits and it is still in perfect condition. Don't believe the hype

I agree.

I owned some of HB sportcoats for almost 10 yrs, they are still in great shape and I had no problems with them whatsoever.

When I bought them I paid much lower than retail price.

William

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads