• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUGO BOSS SUIT SALE- should I buy? Need your advice please!

leteapot

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I'm brand new to the forum and this is my very first post. I read your threads all the time and you guys are a treasure chest of information. I signed up because I needed your advice. I have scoured and read every thread about Hugo Boss in this site before deciding to create a new thread. I find the general consensus is that most people don't like the quality, because they are fused. I walked into the store and tried on a couple suits from their Boss Black (James/Sharp2) and found the cut to be amazing on my body. Apparently in a couple of weeks Hugo Boss is having a 40% on just about everything in the store, including most of their suits. I know their suits aren't worth the full retail, but if it's 40% off, is it worth buying a suit or two then at that price or is it still better yet to save for something better (The suit runs 695 full retail, at 40% off it's only 417)? And if not, are there any smart alternatives I should look at? I'm looking for a modern slim suit with a clean silhouette that's versatile enough for work and night. I'm 23 so 5'10 175 with a relatively fit body.

I need your help! Thanks guys!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eh, save yourself from us. Go buy your suit, and move on with your life. Sticking around this forum will cause you nothing but despare. You'll never think your stuff fits you well enough, you'll spend obscene amounts of cash on shoes, and you'll ignore the news and comment instead to the person next to you about that terrible collar gap the news anchor's got.

1. buy Hugo Boss suit
2. ??
3. ??
4. Profit

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
eh, save yourself from us. Go buy your suit, and move on with your life. Sticking around this forum will cause you nothing but despare. You'll never think your stuff fits you well enough, you'll spend obscene amounts of cash on shoes, and you'll ignore the news and comment instead to the person next to you about that terrible collar gap the news anchor's got.

1. buy Hugo Boss suit
2. ??
3. ??
4. Profit

lol8[1].gif

Very funny

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eh, save yourself from us. Go buy your suit, and move on with your life. Sticking around this forum will cause you nothing but despare. You'll never think your stuff fits you well enough, you'll spend obscene amounts of cash on shoes, and you'll ignore the news and comment instead to the person next to you about that terrible collar gap the news anchor's got. 1. buy Hugo Boss suit 2. ?? 3. ?? 4. Profit
funny but depressing because its true
confused.gif

ethan

Reaction score
Is the sale nation wide and how can I find out what store participates it? Thanks

ajmanouk

Reaction score

1. buy Hugo Boss suit
2. ??
3. ??
4. Profit

+1 just buy it and never look back here.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethan
Is the sale nation wide and how can I find out what store participates it? Thanks

I believe the sale to be nationwide. Why don't you call the store where you are planned to go and ask them if they will have sales. That way, you will know for sure of what promotion they have.

I went to Hugo Boss store at Michigan Ave. in downtown Chicago last year and the quality of service was excellent.

Kslim

Reaction score
If it fits well and you get a DEEP discount then by all means purchase it. Don't worry about the Hugo Boss hate here..

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leteapot
I'm looking for a modern slim suit with a clean silhouette that's versatile enough for work and night. I'm 23 so 5'10 175 with a relatively fit body.

That's the key right there -- Hugo Boss suits are made for guys like you. The price sounds great, too, so ignore the old farts around here, buy and enjoy it. I still have two Boss suits in my regular rotation along with my bespoke and MTM suits. They've been great investments.

mrjames

Reaction score

1. buy Hugo Boss suit
2. ??
3. ??
4. Profit

+1

SF is my addiction, it has totally destroyed my life
frown.gif
ha

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
That's the key right there -- Hugo Boss suits are made for guys like you. The price sounds great, too, so ignore the old farts around here, buy and enjoy it. I still have two Boss suits in my regular rotation along with my bespoke and MTM suits. They've been great investments.
I have a couple of HB shirts and a suit and they fit me better than most OTR brands. Like others have mentioned, if it fits you and you get a great discount, go for it. You'll look 100% stud to 99% of society. The 1% is styleforum and we would find a problem with whatever you purchased

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you actually want Hugo Boss, go to Off 5th or Last Call. They are filled with their suits.

ktrp

Reaction score
Boss fits me pretty well.

I would consider full price a joke, and 40% off the first realistic price. I.e. 40% off is not anything special, given a couple of months, you can _always_ get Boss basics at 40% off. A -deal- would be materially better then that.

I probably wouldn't pull the trigger again at 40% off. 60%, maybe.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Boss suits in Toronto for 190+ tax at their outlet store. They also had huge discounts on Boss Selection (around 600+tax).

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
if you actually want Hugo Boss, go to Off 5th or Last Call. They are filled with their suits.

Yup, this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads