• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hugo Boss Shoes

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Does Boss make their own shoes? Just curious.......Also, what is the difference between the Hugo Boss and Boss lines?

Thanks!

Duveen

Reaction score
Others may weigh in, but:
* They almost certainly outsource their shoe production, with lower line shoes likely made in East Asia/Eastern Europe and higher-end in Italy
* As far as I've seen, and its been a while since I seriously looked @ Hugo Boss for shoes, they are corrected grain, glued soles. The Italian-made shoes may be blake-stitched.

Overall, I would look elsewhere for shoes. I have not been impressed with Boss offerings.

YMMV

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Baldessarini (Boss's top line), at one time, had shoes made by Vass and C&J.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't A Harris mention recently that Vass will make shoes for Baldessarini again? And I thought Baldessarini was discontinued by Hugo Boss? I am confused.

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Baldessarini (Boss's top line), at one time, had shoes made by Vass and C&J.

Good point Portnoy - the Baldessarini stuff is almost always worth looking at (if found at a significant discount).

Do you know anything about the Boss vs Hugo Boss lines that the poster mentioned? I would hope that the mainline shoes are blake stitched, but don't know for sure.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
Do you know anything about the Boss vs Hugo Boss lines that the poster mentioned? I would hope that the mainline shoes are blake stitched, but don't know for sure.

I really don't have much to offer on their main line shoes other than the quality seems middling at best. To me, they are closer to kenneth Cole than any top tier maker. Plasticky leathers, shoddy construction and over exaggerated detailing, yuch.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should add that you can pick up some decent HB shoes at an outlet store for less than a $100. I would say less than a $100 is the most you should ever pay for them. If you're on a budget and looking for more fashion forward designs, HB shoes aren't so bad at a discount.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%