Hugo Boss Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Englandmj7, May 14, 2006.

1. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Does Boss make their own shoes? Just curious.......Also, what is the difference between the Hugo Boss and Boss lines?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Others may weigh in, but:
    * They almost certainly outsource their shoe production, with lower line shoes likely made in East Asia/Eastern Europe and higher-end in Italy
    * As far as I've seen, and its been a while since I seriously looked @ Hugo Boss for shoes, they are corrected grain, glued soles. The Italian-made shoes may be blake-stitched.

Overall, I would look elsewhere for shoes. I have not been impressed with Boss offerings.

YMMV

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Baldessarini (Boss's top line), at one time, had shoes made by Vass and C&J.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Didn't A Harris mention recently that Vass will make shoes for Baldessarini again? And I thought Baldessarini was discontinued by Hugo Boss? I am confused.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Baldessarini (Boss's top line), at one time, had shoes made by Vass and C&J.

Good point Portnoy - the Baldessarini stuff is almost always worth looking at (if found at a significant discount).

Do you know anything about the Boss vs Hugo Boss lines that the poster mentioned? I would hope that the mainline shoes are blake stitched, but don't know for sure.

6. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you know anything about the Boss vs Hugo Boss lines that the poster mentioned? I would hope that the mainline shoes are blake stitched, but don't know for sure.

I really don't have much to offer on their main line shoes other than the quality seems middling at best. To me, they are closer to kenneth Cole than any top tier maker. Plasticky leathers, shoddy construction and over exaggerated detailing, yuch.

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I should add that you can pick up some decent HB shoes at an outlet store for less than a $100. I would say less than a $100 is the most you should ever pay for them. If you're on a budget and looking for more fashion forward designs, HB shoes aren't so bad at a discount.