• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss Shirts

waljo88

Reaction score
I saw some HB's for $63 at nordstroms, nothing lower in the Cleveland area.

There were none in Macys, Dillards, or Filines basement.

I keep hearing about these deals, but never see them. Im leaning towards the assumption you have to hit up NYC to get those deals for dress shirts. Is this assumtion correct?

Im from Canada and saw that a lot of the stores you guys are talking about are in Detroit. Is it worthwhile to vistit there
Would I find Hugo Boss in Macy's there?
How are there Nordstrom Racks, Last Calls, Off fifths, Loehmans, etc?
Aside from HB, how about Canali, Borreli, kiton, etc. Where do go if I want these shirts below $70.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as mentioned above, baldessarini still exists and is still technically owned by hugo boss, it's just that it's no longer part of the same design and distribution system as hugo boss (its "baldessarini KG" part of "hugo boss AG")

hugo boss basically made it a wholely owned but completely autonomous company within their company - it now has its own design headquarters in munich, separate from the hugo boss design complex in metzingen

the baldessarini shirts are wholely better than anything from the boss selection or black label lines as noted above; same with suits and knitwear

for waljo88, where in canada are you?

the canadian hugo boss corporate outlet store is in windsor, across the border from detroit, and you can find some very good deals on dress shirts to suits (i think the boxing day sale is still going on) to cashmere knitwear (CAN$49.99 for italian made cashmere for boss black label or selection label)

- there is still the odd baldessarini pieces floating around the store as well but most of the baldessarini stuff was shipped out last june when baldessarini became its own separate entity

waljo88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
as mentioned above, baldessarini still exists and is still technically owned by hugo boss, it's just that it's no longer part of the same design and distribution system as hugo boss (its "baldessarini KG" part of "hugo boss AG")

hugo boss basically made it a wholely owned but completely autonomous company within their company - it now has its own design headquarters in munich, separate from the hugo boss design complex in metzingen

the baldessarini shirts are wholely better than anything from the boss selection or black label lines as noted above; same with suits and knitwear

for waljo88, where in canada are you?

the canadian hugo boss corporate outlet store is in windsor, across the border from detroit, and you can find some very good deals on dress shirts to suits (i think the boxing day sale is still going on) to cashmere knitwear (CAN$49.99 for italian made cashmere for boss black label or selection label)

- there is still the odd baldessarini pieces floating around the store as well but most of the baldessarini stuff was shipped out last june when baldessarini became its own separate entity

Im from Mississauaga, in the greater toroto area. I have been checking out the site and hearing about these amazing deals. But never able to cash on the deals. Windsor is about 4 or 5 hours from where I live.
How much is a typical dress shirt cost?
How much for a suit?
The best deal Ive ever seen were Armani suits for $500 at TJ MAX (Of all places) in cleveland last week. Other then that Ive heard about $500 Hugo Boss suits, but the lowest Ive seen is for $600. I did see some $100 Armani shirts on dec 26th at Saks-but they werent the best looking. As for Hugo boss we bought some dress shirts for $63 at Nordstroms. Maybe not the best deals, but the shirts look really nice

Im still tryn to get some info before my next strip so I can take advantage of these awesome deals. I havent been so lucky so far. But then again I havent shopped in large cities like NYC. My shopping has been limited to Buffalo, Cleveland, Pennsylvania. I will definitely have to make a trip in early February.

oldseed

Reaction score
some hugo boss shirts have exactly the same fabric H&M does. not to mention H&M has tons of spread collars. you'll love H&M.

sd

billyhoyle

Reaction score
A few people mentioned the different colors of Hugo Boss Lables. What about the difference between "Boss" and Hugo Boss in terms of quality. I was in Macys last week and they were selling Hugo BOss suits but the label looked different than the Hugo BOss soughts I have bought from The Saks and Neiman outlets. I think they might have said Boss by Hugo Boss.

Anyone know anything about this? The suits were half price btw.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waljo88-

the prices can be all over the place sometimes
although i don't buy a lot of hugo boss but for their knitwear and orange label workout type wear and whatever is left of the baldessarini line, i find the prices to be a bit high for an outlet unless you hit their sales and generally something is always on sale (sort of a rotation type thing)

the recent boxing week sale had suits anywhere from $99 to $199 with the most expensive being $329, sports jackets were $49; all pants were $39
shirts were anywhere from $19 to $49
all knitwear, sweaters and cashmere was $49
all shoes were $69

so the deals can be very very good at times but other times the suits can be as much as $600 and shirts $69-89+ and shoes $99 - $150; it varies all the time

for billyhoyle-

i think all suits are black label with either "boss hugo boss" or "hugo boss selection", their higher end attempt outside of baldessarini (which was a white label) - there is also the red label "hugo hugo boss" suits which is much more of a fashion attempt in orientation, very slim fitted but nothing remarkable

the sports wear type line or casual line is orange coloured label
the golf wear type sports line is green coloured label
the more younger oriented fashionist attempt line is red coloured label "hugo hugo boss"
there is also the "handworked" label which is mostly jeans and casual wear but i don't recall what the label looks like, if there is any difference other than a tag that says "handworked"
there is also boss mclaran mercedes sports merchandise which i think has orange on black label but i don't recall specifically

and oldseed is right, i hate the regular hugo boss shirts as they're boxy with cotton that just seems impossible to iron; however, from time to time you can find boss hugo boss shirts that are made in either switzerland or italy that seem to be of a much higher quality (they seem to come in their own individual black boxes from what i've seen) - the boss selection dress shirts also seem to be of a better quality than the regular boss line as the cotton is much better quality and weave (to me at least) and the construction seems a bit better ...... but as mentioned here many times, there are better shirts out there for the same or less retail price so unless you hit a sale or hit the outlet, they're not really remarkable for the price asked

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by larryr
I got a few Boss black label shirts over the holiday. There are several different 'fits' of the shirts. Normally i'm a 16 34, in the Elton fit i was a 15.5 in the Enzo fit i took a 16. The Here's a few example - http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2906765/...bo=6006654&P=1 http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2906765/...bo=6006654&P=1
I own only one Boss -- a black label formal that I love and that fits me beautifully. How would I know what fit it's tailored to? Would that be indicated somewhere on the garment itself? Does anyone have any more information about how the various HB lines compare in terms of fit? Maybe I'll try some of their dress shirts. Thanks.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to only buy Thomas Pink slim fit shirts, until they changed the cut, to make them a lot less slim. Now, I only wear Boss Black Lable shirts, and am very happy with them. And, when you think about the fact that I used to spend $165 each for TP, and now spend between $85 and $155 for HB, it's a pretty good deal. HB is having a decent sale now, as are many dept. stores. Also, if you are looking for a Zara, you need simply drive up to SCP, in CM, no need to go all the way to LA.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the closest Bloomingdales. I was there today, and they had a bunch of the Black Label shirts at 50% off the lowest marked price, which turned out to be something like 60-65% off. Not much in 15 34/35 (never is), but if you can pull off a 15.5, then you should be set.

waljo88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Try the closest Bloomingdales. I was there today, and they had a bunch of the Black Label shirts at 50% off the lowest marked price, which turned out to be something like 60-65% off. Not much in 15 34/35 (never is), but if you can pull off a 15.5, then you should be set.

So how much were the shirts typically. $50 I would presume, or were they for less.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by waljo88
So how much were the shirts typically. $50 I would presume, or were they for less.

The ones at bloomingdales are anywhere between $42 and $62, original prices $95-155. I think the higher end ones are worth the extra money (especially when the difference is $20 instead of $60). Off 5th, when they have them, usually have them for $60-90. Not as good a discount, but still well worth it if you like the shirt.

larryr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I own only one Boss -- a black label formal that I love and that fits me beautifully. How would I know what fit it's tailored to? Would that be indicated somewhere on the garment itself?

Does anyone have any more information about how the various HB lines compare in terms of fit? Maybe I'll try some of their dress shirts. Thanks.

I checked a couple of shirts I had, I didn't find it anywhere on the shirt itself. But it is definitely printed on one of the sale tags.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by larryr
I checked a couple of shirts I had, I didn't find it anywhere on the shirt itself. But it is definitely printed on one of the sale tags.

Baldessarinni shirts as well as HB amde in Switzerland come in two fits. Regular is a bit too loose in a body but acceptable under the sweater. Bal. HB in fitted is a nice close fit, but not nearly skin tight as H&M shirts.
Both HB shirt lines are not worth anything close to their retail. I believe a good price for them 40.00 and less.

larryr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Baldessarinni shirts as well as HB amde in Switzerland come in two fits. Regular is a bit too loose in a body but acceptable under the sweater. Bal. HB in fitted is a nice close fit, but not nearly skin tight as H&M shirts.
Both HB shirt lines are not worth anything close to their retail. I believe a good price for them 40.00 and less.

That may be true for the shirts made in Switzerland, but definitely not for all HB shirts. Follow the links (below and above) and you'll see several different fits including 'Elton', 'Enzo','Lawrence','Humprey' etc..

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2906765/...diumthumbnail= Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006654&P=1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics