1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hugo boss shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQ Lawyer, Mar 11, 2004.

1. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior member

I have noticed an alarming and unfortunate trend in my closet....my Hugo Boss dress shirts seem to shrink with each drycleaning. Some of the shirts are to the point where the neck no longer buttons. I am sure this is not my dry cleaner because (a) I use an out-of-the-way hand finished cleaner and (b) NONE of my other dress shirts do this (and some have been laundered many more times than my Boss').

Does anyone else have this problem. I am not exagerating when I tell you that it is everyone of my Boss shirts (at least 8). What gives?

2. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

I've experienced this as well, but only for some of them. However, I was taking them to a regular ol' dry cleaners to have them laundered before I read what actually goes on behind the scenes on this forum and others so I attributed it to that.

They seem to have come from one particular year. And not all of them either. I think in that span, I bought five and three have the same problem (two from Fall, one from Spring).

3. hermes

hermes Senior member

i've never experienced this with boss but i wash my shirts at home and let them drip dry

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Both of my Hugo Boss dress shirts have shrunk 0.5" or more in the neck, making them unwearable with a tie.  I should add that up to now I have had all my dress shirts commercially laundered (not dry cleaned) -- a big no-no.  I think the excessive shrinkage of your dress shirts that you have noticed has more to do with the fact that Hugo Boss does not include sufficient extra fabric to account for such shrinkage (an omission that Zegna is also guilty of, as I have unfortunately recently discovered).

5. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

I think this is the case although I have yet to run into the same problem with Zegna. The majority of my shirts are from Boss and I've only had the shrinkage problem with 3. I think it also largely depends on where the shirt was manufactured.

6. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member