• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo boss clothes

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Hugo Boss jacket and I've noticed that it is already coming apart (the bottom of the jacket on the back is starting to sag). Am I the only person out there that feels the quality of Hugo Boss products is not on par with the prices being charged? How does the quality of Hugo Boss suits stack up with similarly priced suits?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Baldessarini line is quite good, but the regular line I find has rather shoddy workmanship on the whole.

BjornH

Reaction score
Yes, this is my experience too. The buttons tend to fall off, and the interlining in the chest can start to poke you through the lining.

That beeing said, my favorite jacket is a HB 38S navy blazer that I bougth for $200 in Sawgrass Mills last fall.

Anyway, this is what happens if you spend more on pushing the product with advertising than building a better product. This is comparable with the practice of shopowners in Capri, you don't care if the customer comes back to you - the short term gain is all that matters. I guess HB are gambling on the clothes going obsolete before they start to wear out.

It goes with the territory, I guess, as with all other high profile brands.

Just my $2*10^-2

B

Will Moose

Reaction score
All the Boss Hugo Boss line of shirts and ties I own, I've been very pleased with. I've never owned a suit though, so that could be a different story............

davei

Reaction score
I feel the BOSS Hugo Boss and HUGO Hugo Boss lines have style, but very little value - I made the Cadillac analogy a while back, which is pretty apt IMHO. Expensive, but not inordinately so, looks good & stylish, nice overall first impression, but not a lot of lasting value. The real prices should the be sale prices.

At retail prices, there's better stuff out there but you'll be hard pressed to find amazing quality in the HB price range (sub-$1000 suits.)

Joe G

Reaction score
Am I the only person out there that feels the quality of Hugo Boss products is not on par with the prices being charged?  
My lone Hugo Boss suit is a blue linen 2-button. I bought it for under 25 euros (thrift store) and wouldn't have paid much more. The quality is about what one would expect from a low-end designer piece, not much (if at all) worse than say Armani Collezioni or Zegna Soft.

Peace,

JG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads