• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo boss Blazer PRICE QUESTION!

trader

Reaction score
are you asking if its worth 1395 or if it retails for 1395?

buddha123

Reaction score
It's certainly not worth $1400 but I'm surprised anything from the Boss black line even retailed that high

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bullshit. Maybe $550-$650 at retail

Ramones182

Reaction score
The case is that i bought it for $182 US dollars, but i was upset for the quality of it, so i am claiming for a refund. And i am sure that cloth could never retail for more than $1000 as the seller stated. What is the normally retail price for hugo boss cloths, like this blazer people?

I await for opinions, thank you!

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ramones182
The case is that i bought it for $182 US dollars, but i was upset for the quality of it, so i am claiming for a refund. And i am sure that cloth could never retail for more than $1000 as the seller stated. What is the normally retail price for hugo boss cloths, like this blazer people?

I await for opinions, thank you!

probably what fidel quoted 500-600.

i would guess 700-800 but even then it's just alot of markup due to label, the listing ended so I can't see pics. If it were sold at $100 ish, or less I would pick it up as a beater jacket, for work or something.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom sells Hugo Boss Black label blazers for $595 at full retail. That's pretty much the standard, maybe nicer ones will be $100 more. Challenge him to find ANY reputable website which shows ANY Hugo Boss black label blazer for $1,395. It's unheard of. Better yet, ask him to show you the original price tag that said $1,395. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3019592?...=searchresults

csulli13

Reaction score
Hugo Boss Black label suits retail at about $800, blazers for about $600. There's a higher end "Selection" line that retails for more, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Also, I hate to tell you but this looks to be a fake. The inner pocket label doesn't look right, and I've never heard of a Hugo Boss "Bodega-X" model. Pictures in the listing have obvious photoshop work

3918013869_5755239995_o.jpg

Tag in the photo appears to defy gravity somehow, and color in the tag hole is different than the suit fabric. Not to mention that Hugo Boss suits have a folded tag on the front button, not a flat tag in the inner pocket (I don't know any suit brand that puts tags there, front buttons, sleeve, and pants waist are the most common places)

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Granted that pic looks weird as you pointed out, but the rest of it looks legit to me. Plus his other boss merchandise looks Kosher. If it's fake, this guy raises the bar for fakes. Accusing the seller of selling you a fake if he didn't will probably blow up in your face if you want a refund. Hugo Boss always does a bunch one-off fashion models every season, so I'm not surprised that there's something called a Bodega-X. If it's anything off ebay it's probably a few years old. I have a few boss garments, and this tag looks 100% legit to me.
BODEGAX2.jpg
label also looks legit.
BODEGAX5.jpg

csulli13

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on Hugo Boss, and I admit that things might very well be as you say, but anything photoshoped in an ebay listing raises red flags, especially the tags on a NWT item. At the very least I would check to see if there were any tags on the sleeve or pants waist, it could be that this is a used item with a new tag attached to the inside pocket (notice that the tag is missing on the close-up picture you posted.)

As for the tag, I pulled out one of my Hugo Boss suits and took some pictures of the tag, this is why I said that one looked suspicious.

3918097291_7861bc2b78_o.jpg

3918097269_998fd75f6b_o.jpg

Notice the faint "Hugo Boss" lettering on both the front and back of the tag. This could be a new feature that wasn't around when this sportscoat was made, but either way something fishy is going on with this listing.

To the OP:

Was there a Hugo Boss tag attached to the inner pocket? Could you post pictures? Was there a tag attached to the sleeve like the picture below?

3918932836_662d687362_o.jpg

If there was no tag attached, and no tag on the sleeve at the very least that's not a NWT sportscoat.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csulli13
Notice the faint "Hugo Boss" lettering on both the front and back of the tag. This could be a new feature that wasn't around when this sportscoat was made, but either way something fishy is going on with this listing.

Interesting point. I didn't notice that the pic of the tag from the listing didn't have faint lettering, I thought it was just washed out by the camera flash. I just ran to my closet to look at some of my Boss clothes, and while most of them do have that faint lettering, there's 1 pair of pants I picked up from Austin Reed (a famous London department store) which doesn't have that faint lettering on the pants. Hopefully that doesn't mean I got hustled by a 109 year-old department store.
eek.gif

Chim12

Reaction score
While I believe the consensus is that the jacket is certainly not current, may I suggest it's possible it's also a copy? Has anyone ever seen a Hugo Boss jacket without the country of origin listed on the hang loop at the neck? This one has no text, the BOSS BLACK suits in my closet all list HUGO BOSS and country of origin on the loop. Also seems odd that the BOSS tag is attached on the INSIDE of the jacket (see ebay photos) and to the pocket? I've never seen anything like that before.

Ramones182

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback given. This a very interesting and serious discussion. I would hate to have bougth something that is not what was said to be. I am suspecting that it could be a fake like csulli13 said, but i dont know how to identify it. The blazer came with a tag attached to the inner pocket, like the picture posted. There is no tag attached to the sleeve. I have taken some pictures to help the discussion:

Boss label in inner pocket
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1252983307

Inside pocket tags

Also i questioned the seller about the "real" retail price of it. So he sended me an image that he said it was taken by his hugo boss representative of an equal product, and It states for the $1395 retail price!:
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1252986327

I liked the blazer but it feels a little "cheapie" for the price i paid. Take a look on the inside of it, what do you think? It doesn`t even have a decent lining inside! Other thing that bothers me is why there is a tag from Guabello? Maybe it was made by Guabello for Hugo Boss?

I talked with the seller for a 20% discount, and he agreeded with it. But if it`s a fake i would claim for more or make another deal. And the worst, that makes me more sad, was that i paid more 60% of import tax for it
frown.gif
. lol

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chim12
Has anyone ever seen a Hugo Boss jacket without the country of origin listed on the hang loop at the neck? This one has no text, the BOSS BLACK suits in my closet all list HUGO BOSS and country of origin on the loop.
Yes. I have a suit I purchased from Henry Singer, a brick and mortar store in Edmonton that has a hang loop that is blank, it doesn't say Hugo Boss. Most of the one sold in America do, but in other countries I believe the labeling laws are much looser when it comes to the country of origin. Maybe that's why.
Originally Posted by Ramones182
ther thing that bothers me is why there is a tag from Guabello? Maybe it was made by Guabello for Hugo Boss?
Guabello is an italian fabric mill. They just put the tag in there because this one happens to be made using Guabello fabric. I don't know what Guabello's reputation is, but presumably Hugo Boss thinks it's something to toot their horn about. I have seen them insert tags like that before, although it's not that common. With regards to the $1,395 label, what country is that from? Are we talking about australian dollars or something? It looks like he's provided sufficient proof that at least 1 person out at some point was charging $1,395 for this model of jacket, somewhere in the world. BTW, the rest of your links dont work

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads