• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss Belts on Ebay

TheBoss

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some auth belts at a discount onilne/canada?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not know if Boss is quality leather. Maybe it does not matter much if it is a replica, as long as it is a good replica. (However, I have some great Boss shoes and sneakers).

TheBoss

Reaction score
I'd still rather get the real thing than support organized crime networks or sweatshop labour tho fakes

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I did not intend to suggest that one should buy faked stuff. I apologise. (I never buy faked stuff, and this although I live in a country where faked stuff is frequently sold on the main streets and squares of the capital). (Although the other day I was offered a nice-looking faked Frank Müller watch for under USD 100, and for a moment I regretted having rejected the offer...; most of my friend would not have detected that it was faked... on the other hand, I guess that they do not know who Frank Müller is anyway...).
But I really wonder whether authentic Boss belts are worth their price. I have looked at some, but I never liked the feeling of the leather. The last time a was looking for one in el Corte InglÃ
00a9.png
s (a local department store), I found a Pal Zileri belt in the next stand, that costed 40% less, and its leather looked much better to me.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never have quite understood the mentality which wants a designer item and doesn't care if it is fake. Who cares if it fools your friends if it is fake? Does that mean you are only interested in the name on the item?

That said, I would avoid the leather products of any name brand -- especially when it is stuff like Boss, Armani, Prada, etc. -- when online, particularly on eBay. Virtually all of it is faked. Leather goods are the one area you should be prepared to pay only retail/sale price for. IMHO anyway.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
I never have quite understood the mentality which wants a designer item and doesn't care if it is fake. Who cares if it fools your friends if it is fake? Does that mean you are only interested in the name on the item?
Of course I care if it is faked. As I said, I never buy faked stuff (I hope). But I have to admit that I hesitated a moment when I was offered that Frank Müller watch: it REALLY looked nice, and Frank Müller is far above what I am prepared to pay for a watch. Yes, I hesitated. But I did not buy it. Why do I want to fool my friends? Well, basically, because of the funny look on their faces when they think that I am a stupid idiot that has spent a month of his wages on a watch that somebody will probably rob anyway, sooner or later. Most people I know are content with Seiko, Casio, Lotus, Festina o Swatch watches.
By the way, some days ago I got myself a retro-looking Tissot watch that had a look similar to the Frank Müller one. Tissot is not high end, of course, but this watch looks nice, it fits into my budget, and I will not have to spend a week crying if it gets stolen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads