• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hugo Boss as first official suit?

Bexcellence

Reaction score
http://www.parkandbond.com/product/86678592

This summer I'll be interning on Wall Street so I'm assuming I'll need a suit.

I want my budget to be somewhere below $1,000

I'm looking to spend $500-800

What do you think about that suit I linked? I'm looking for a slim fit.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The styling of the suit seems quiet good, I mean with a good button stance, CBD style, however I am not convince with the material composition, also I bet most people would not look good in this off the rack

How about the M&S Fully canvassed range, the £499 one, I had it as interview/first impression suit and it is perfectly cut, high armholes, not overly trendy (skinny and high button stance), and it is a wool and cashmere blend, prefect for 4 seasons (grey)

The construction is way beyond the hugo boss black, and possibly more comfortable and looks better

They do plain colours, do check them out and spend your money wisely

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, better to try the suit in the shops first, it is no point to focus on bargains in your first suit.

I have a feeling you will not have an ideal size of what you need, your own measurements and the sort of cut you like

If I need to buy my first suit, have a look on the advice in other threads but don't concentrate too much on getting discount, this should not be your primary focus on necessity

Hope you internship goes well

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.