Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Superfluous, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Try e-making him he seems to be checking his mails himself again. His girlfriend was doing it and obviously did not know how to answer questions or know what was important to let Highes know.

2. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

He posted iPad-sleeves on his tumblr just yesterday. Or the day before that.

3. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Yes, it's frustrating because I can see that he's posting on his FB page but is not responding to my email or my FB inquiry. Perhaps I'll just have to purchase from a mainstream brand instead.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

good idea

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Anyone here from Hughes lately. He has once again gone missing. He has such talent, it is just too bad his customer service seems to have gone down hill as he has gotten more well known.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I did read somewhere (perhaps elsewhere on SF) that he has had some health problems of late.

If that is true, I suspect it is why he has not been communicating much recently.

7. hha3838

hha3838 Member

Hi, I've bought 4 watchstraps from Hughes as well as an IPhone cover and watchstrap for a friend. The quality has been truly excellent and Hughes is a pleasure to deal with. I'm based in Singapore so it's obviously easier for me to meet up, discuss specs and take delivery etc

I just met him last Wed to pick up my alligator strap for a vintage Zenith. Fyi, Hughes was down with severe food poisoning in Feb and had to be hospitalised briefly.

He will be in Hong Kong all of next week for a trade fair and I have informed Hughes of the queries raised in this thread. I hope he will respond when he gets the chance ;-)

Hope this helps!

8. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I hope he does listen. I have been trying to get in touch with him about a wallet for myself and a friends wallet that is still not done afte a year plus wait. I was one of his first customers and now I can not get a returned e-mail. He gives excuses like the e-mails not gong through and his girlfriend checking them. If that is the case he need a girlfriend tha knows how to help keep customers happy.

9. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

I think it's partly to do with his leather suppliers too -- the skins are often in short supply, and in addition, he's a one-man show. I've taken possession of quite a few watchstraps + wallets, a few more recently, and his work has improved significantly, since I first used him.

However, you're right that he often drops the ball -- that's to be expected when demand far outstrips his ability to supply.

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

hope this improves

11. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

12. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

If that is the case, then it would not be a big deal. He just simply has not replied. He supposedly had my items done, but lost one in the post and the other was returned to him due to the paperwork being wrong. This was all almost 2 months ago now and no response.

13. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Too bad he is gone the "Salvatorre" way. I wish him the best. Sad to see such a gifted crafter not available anymore.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  14. SnowKING

SnowKING Well-Known Member

Hughes :D

I love his tumblr.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013