1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Superfluous, Jan 26, 2012.

1. HLow

HLow Senior member

Ah Chris, i see that the rings from Ralph reached you pretty quick! The stitching for the buckle attachment is done really well indeed and i am glad the thread i sent over is long enough for you to complete the job. Nice photos of the belt really, do you mind if i use them on my tumblr blog? - Hughes

2. soaped

soaped Senior member

Here is something Hughes made for me. Just amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

That..is..amazing.

I've just contacted Hughes so we can kick off an 8 card bifold. I was thinking the cherrywood was the go, but after seeing this..hmmmm!

4. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

My new watch strap from Hughes. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but here are a couple of pictures from Hughes' blog.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

There are some beautiful pieces here. It makes me want to buy it all :slayer:

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

waiting on the thinkderm x hughes x mkelty collabo

8. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Is it or only females wear their belt from left to right and males wear their belt from right to left?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  9. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    [​IMG]
    What is this suppose to be , keys, but how?

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Magnets hold them in place?

11. grendel

grendel Senior member

What do the cell phone cases look like? Looks like some excellent craftsmanship here.

12. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Like this. They're on his Tumblr...

[​IMG]

13. JubeiSpiegel

I have been emailing Mr. Hughes, I look forward to posting the wallet he is making for me. Fantastic experience and communication so far.

14. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

I am glad I found this thread. My dad sent him some Edward Green leather samples to make some watch bands a while back and has not been able to get in touch with him for a few months now? Does anyone know what is going on with Hughes? Is he away? His website is still active. I am the one who recommended him to my dad based on reviews I had seen here so I really don't want anything to go wrong. If anyone has any contact with Hughes could you see what the deal is? Thanks.

15. JubeiSpiegel

Same experience, Hughes and I had worked up a custom wallet, he was going to source the leather and keep me informed. That was 4 months ago, no contact. I have since moved on, and bought another wallet...

16. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

He's poor with communications, but does eventually deliver.

17. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

I sure hope you're right. My dad bought some Edward Green samples and wanted watch bands to match the shoes and he worked out a price with Hughes that he was happy with and sent him two of the samples to make approximately 20 bands. He communicated regularly leading up to the deal but now has not responded to multiple messages for an update. He cannot really "move on" as JubeiSpiegel did because Hughes has his leather. In any event, Hughes seems to be a great guy, does amazing work, so hopefully he is just real busy and hasn't been able to check his emails as regularly as he would like. Thanks for the input. I will pass it on to my dad.

18. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

At one time his work was done in good time, but it has gone down hill quickly. I know he got hurt early this year, but still is not up to speed. I have a lost wallet form him that never made it to me and is supposedly lost in customs. Ever since his girlfriend has been answering messages for him the communication has gone down hill also. He has been working on a french purse for a friend of mine and has been delay. It was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago and now I can not get him to answer me and give a tracking number. I think he has gotten to much work for him to handle and he seams to be taking care of customers in person first and ignoring other customers. I suggest for custom products people go to Portland Street Leather. He delivers what he says and in a timely manner.

19. Conventum

Conventum Well-Known Member

Hughes is an awesome person. I also do leather work and when he barely started out selling bespoke goods, I was fortunate enough to ask him for help and exchange info with him. A lot of craftsmen are greedy about their suppliers, info on techniques etc., but not Hughes. I'm pretty sure that his lack of response is due to a high volume of orders. As a leatherworker myself, I know that the process of making a card holder etc. is very time consuming when everything is done by hand.

20. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I know his work is beautiful, but that just makes it harder to see he has started to ignore and not respond to issues. I have a wallet hat is lost in the post for 2 months now and no answers and a french purse that was supposed to be done 6 months ago is still not shipped. When I first dealt with him we would e-mail 5 or 6 times a day to get my orders right.