1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Huge amt. of new ralph lauren dress shoes on ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Jun 26, 2004.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

They are certainly generating alot of bidding. There must be 100 pairs of them. I noticed at least one Edward Green model among them -- a gorgeous pair of LongAcre loafers in size 11 US. But the rest are very nice too. Some funky boots among them. The seller is "grapevinehill." Here's the link: http://stores.ebay.com/Grapevinehill...enameZl2QQtZkm

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Thanks for posting this. Pretty big selection - and the Purple Label loafers are beautiful. Some those shoes are Italian made though. Has it been confirmed who makes the Itlaian RLs?

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I have not been able to confirm who makes the Italian shoes; I have called several RL stores. One claimed that they were made "in house." But I seriously doubt this, of course. I do have a pair of the Brawley cap toe oxfords that go for $169 on Bluefly (I got the ones that retail for $345, not the $295 ones -- though I'm not sure what the difference is). I am generally very happy with them. They polish up decently, have a great fit for a narrower foot (great arch support and heel padding for the narrower foot). The leather is very soft and thick without being stiff. Nice combination heel. I think they are every bit the equal of the Peales that I've seen at BB. Indeed, styling and fit seem very similar to me. However, the Italian mades run about a half size smaller than say, Aldens. I wear a 10.5 in Aldens, and 11 in the Polos. (I wear an 11 in Banana Republic, which is another easy way I think to make a comparison; just head to the mall nearest you&#33[​IMG].

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

By the way, regarding the RLPL's being sold by this EBay seller, I've got the exact same pair (which I bought on EBay about 5 months ago from Ebay seller marcey2. They are on last 100, which is the same as last 184 but with a slightly squared-off toe. They are without a doubt the most elegant and good-looking shoes I have. I paid $425 -- I hope someone here gets these for less.