1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

http://stores.ebay.com/Fogey Unlimited EBay Seller

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by STYLESTUDENT, Apr 29, 2005.

1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

For vintage traditionalists (there are some on this site and you know who you are). Note the new Thurston braces. http://stores.ebay.com/Fogey-Unlimit...enameZL2QQtZkm No association with this seller and I don't think this is the same "fogey" who posted on this site and then discontinued his website after receiving critical reviews.

2. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I recently purchased several cravats from him and was very satisfied. I purchased them to hide my bandages on my neck from my recent medical issues. I really like the look instead of a plain open collar, no tie look. I promised myself I would continue to wear the cravats later on. We'll see............................

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

'medical issues'...is that what they call hickies these days? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

I also prefer this look to open collar/no tie. It certainly adds to the 'center of attention' factor, but if it's done well, the attention is positive.

So, cuffthis, have you worn them since you have been able to once again don your ties?

For a study in men wearing scarves/cravats/ascots/&c., Do a search for 'John E. Leslie' or 'AscotSilk'. I believe this gentleman wears a Hermes nearly every single day, and excepting his unfortunate love of popping the collar on EVERYTHING, I believe he pulls the look off most of the time. Check his website's file index for a good number of pics.

5. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

But is sounded less so much less gross than "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion C-3/4, C-5/6"

6. Matt

Matt Senior member

he has a section devoted to vintage underwear

*shudder*

7. Sir Royston

Sir Royston Well-Known Member

Indeed I do. Please do not confuse "used" with Vintage
    good Day to you

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Indeed I do. Please do not confuse "used" with Vintage
    good Day to you